Superpedestrian is engineering the future of micromobility. The Superpedestrian team is composed of some of the most talented operations specialists, policy managers, designers and engineers, all focused on transforming the future urban mobility. Our scooters, called LINK, were designed to prioritize safety from the inside out, and our Superpedestrian team is dedicated to building meaningful local and city partnerships across the world. Join us!
We are seeking a Head of Mechanical Engineering to drive functional excellence to support the design and development of lightweight electric vehicles. The ideal candidate has deep experience in the design of complex mechanical assemblies and demonstrated experience in designing products that get manufactured at scale.
What you'll do:
- Develop a mechanical engineering team through motivating, hiring, appraising, coaching, training, and challenging the team members
- Own, prioritize, and coordinate mechanical engineering work across all projects
- Provide tasks and durations to project/program managers while being responsible for the execution of the mechanical engineering team
- Determine what resources/capabilities are required for program/project execution and hire/build the team
- Uses a strong understanding of engineering first principles to guide the technical execution of the team
- Owns the communication of functional level project performance/status
What you'll bring:
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in mechanical design with 3+ years of team management
- BS in mechanical engineering
- Strong organizational and plannings skills with an aggressive approach to meeting schedule commitments
- Experience growing and leading teams in a startup environment
- Significant experience with electro-mechanical assemblies including motors, actuators, electrical packaging, wire harnesses, etc.
- Competency in DFM and part production methods including die casting, injection molding, extruding, machining, and sheet metal
- Experience with rapid prototyping methods to accelerate engineering development
- Extensive experience designing reliable, highly integrated electro-mechanical assemblies for use in outdoor environments
- Experience with cost-conscious transportation and mobility systems is a plus
- Demonstrated experience bringing a product from initial concept to volume manufacturing
- CAD design, preferably Solidworks
- Highly knowledgeable in GD&T
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with PLM systems preferably EPDM and Omnify
- Competitive benefits with company subsidized medical, dental, vision & disability insurance and a 401k plan.
- Generous time off policy.
- On the job training with a leadership team that is committed to growth and development of all employees.
- A team of awesome, like-minded, driven people that support each other, and mentors from across the top echelons of the industry.
- The chance to have your voice heard and help shape Superpedestrians future.
- Equity in a fast growing company.
- A commitment to an actively anti-racist environment.
Superpedestrian actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. If you think you meet most of the requirements, but not every single point on the job description, please still apply! Wed love to have a chat and see if you'd be a great addition to our team.