If you are a data driven leader looking to solve complex supply chain problems and drive innovation in e-commerce, come join us!
Chewy is looking for a Head of Retail Forecasting to join our Supply Chain Team based in Dania Beach, FL or Seattle, WA.
We are seeking a senior biz-tech leader who is highly motivated, goal-oriented, and an analytical hands-on leader who excels in a fast-paced environment. This leader will build, manage, and develop a high-performing team of Machine Learning Scientists, Data Scientists, Data Engineers, and Product Managers. As single threaded owner, you will have end to end responsibility of the science and systems to create an industry leading forecasting function for Chewys retail business.
A successful leader will drive improvements in domestic supply chain, improve inventory availability and inventory health, own end to end forecast from planning to execution, define the forecasting and planning cycles, and more. You will develop machine learning and statistical models and processes to improve forecast accuracy and bias, improve understanding of forecasting casuals, and identify useful clusters and patterns in product type, seasonality, and region to provide a single source of truth for planning and execution teams. You will also drive production implementation of these critical systems to ensure continuous scalability.
This leader must have strong communication and partnership skills as it requires working closely with cross-functional leaders in Merchandising, Finance, Operations, and Transportation. In this role you will have a large impact on company financials and be responsible for working cross functionally throughout other teams planning cycles to provide an accurate forecast at the appropriate level. You will be responsible for building a strategy and then designing and implementing solutions and technologies which will handle the growing business needs and play a key role in redefining what it means to be a world-class Science and Supply Chain organization.
What you'll do:
- Develop long term strategy for scaling the forecast planning, processes, and systems to support the retail business growth and vision.
- Develop and operationalize machine learning and science-based tools/models iteratively to support growing business use cases and complexity.
- Develop and deliver on key performance indicators for financial impact, forecast performance, plan accuracy, and more.
- Develop tactical forecasts to support the business and financial plans.
- Hire, develop, and lead a team of people leaders, machine learning scientists, data scientists, data engineers, and product managers.
- Lead the team in model and algorithm development by taking business requirements and complex problem statements, and clearly defining data science/statistical projects.
- Engage and drive industry leading engineering practices to drive efficient and scalable technical solutions.
- Strong communication skills and clear articulation of the vision and implementation plans.
- Drive Operation and Technical Excellence delivering highly scalable plans and systems.
- Work with Supply Chain leadership to build a roadmap and clearly defined vision for the team.
- Identify and manage priorities within the context of overall Chewy objectives
What you'll need:
- 15+ years in forecasting, machine learning, data science, and/or engineering positions in top CPG, retail, or e-commerce organizations
- 7+ years experience managing people and leading a team of leaders
- An advanced degree (M.S., Ph.D., or equivalent experience) in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Proven experience with bringing structured thinking in ambiguous problems spaces and delivering solutions.
- Experience with machine learning and advanced forecasting methodologies
- Experience leading, coaching, and developing a high performing team
- Position may require travel
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected].