Tulip, the leader in frontline operations, is helping companies around the world equip their workforce with connected apps, leading to higher quality work, improved efficiency, and end-to-end traceability across operations. Companies of all sizes and across industries have implemented composable solutions with Tulips cloud-native, no-code platform to solve some of the most pressing challenges in operations: error-proofing processes and boosting productivity, capturing and analyzing real-time data, and continuous improvement.
A spinoff out of MIT, Tulip is headquartered in Somerville, MA, with offices in Germany and Hungary. Focused on composable, human-centric solutions for industrial environments, Tulip is disrupting the MES category and has been recognized as a World Economic Forum Global Innovator. Tulip has also been named one of Energages Top Workplaces USA and one of Built In Bostons Best Places to Work and Best Midsize Places to Work for 2023.
As the company scales, our Platform teams are building the tools for users from the smallest shop to the largest corporation to make Tulip their own. Our Platform teams allow users to create complex workflows with ease, and support the runtime environment that runs them. Were looking for an experienced technical leader who wants a mix of hands-on technical and people leadership, guiding the various teams in this group. You would be involved in hiring, defining culture and technical architecture.
You possess high levels of technical talent, programming skills, people management skills and a keen desire to deeply understand our product. You have honed your technical skills through years of building and delivering SaaS products, then figured out how to make the jump over to building teams. Youre passionate about mentoring engineers and helping them grow. You are a collaborative and motivated self-starter, ready to roll up your sleeves and dive right in and lead from the front.
You also love collaborating across the organization with marketing, product, design, and customer teams on key projects. Youll work with the other engineering leads to cultivate and grow our engineering culture.
- Built large SaaS products in past roles (specifically user-facing products)
- Worked across the web stack, architected systems
- Hired, mentored, and grown people with a variety of technical backgrounds and experiences
- Worked with Product and Design teams to help scope work
What skills do I need?
- 6+ years architecting and building SaaS or web products
- 3+ years leading a software engineering team
- Experience with agile and/or scrum methodologies
- We don't require experience with any specific technologies, but we currently use React, Redux, NodeJS, Golang, Electron, MongoDB, Postgres
- Bias for action and impact
- Lead and mentor a team of software engineers and software engineering managers in building products and delivering value to customers
- Build a diverse team while encouraging a collaborative and encouraging environment
- Create and manage a roadmap for product releases and updates, balanced with technical debt and architectural improvements
- Manage a team through agile processes and procedures
- Provide technical design insight as well as solution architecture planning
- Work with other engineering leadership to align on priorities
- Engineering leadership peers
- Product team
- Design team
- QA team
- Marketing team
Working At Tulip
We know even great candidates experience imposter syndrome. Even if you dont match every requirement, applying gives you the opportunity to be considered.
Were building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal well-being. Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Commuter Benefits, Parental Leave, and 401(K)
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Virtual company events and happy hours
- Fitness subsidies
We are an equal opportunity employer. At Tulip, we celebrate all. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform frontline operations.