Wellist partners with hospitals that truly care about the patient experience to personally guide families to the support they need - from non-medical support services, to hospital resources and information, and personal social support. Our patient and caregiver engagement programs amplify the compassionate care delivered by front line staff to drive patient satisfaction, optimize staff productivity and address barriers to adherence across the care continuum.
Wellists outstanding contributions have been recognized by organizations including MassTLC (Most Innovative Technology of the Year Healthcare), Rock Health (Top 50 in Digital Health honoree, Diversity Leadership), American Business Awards (Company of the Year, Silver Stevie Health Products and Service) and BostInno (50onFire, Health and Medicine winner).
Wellist is inventing the next phase of our product focused on improved patient experience. We have many technical and product opportunities, and were looking for a Head of Engineering to define what is possible and lead our team by example. Build our products by leading the API (Ruby on Rails) and web front end (js/es6 react/redux) development. Support a robust product roadmap and deliver high-quality, scalable code through agile and continuous delivery methodologies. Maintain a culture of constant professional development and growth in your team and across the organization.
The right candidate will be someone who loves building software, loves our mission, and wants to make a real impact on the development of products that help people get well. You will have something to teach us. You will be excited about architectural best practice, the craft of software development, and working with a team of collaborators who teach and learn together. You are excited to both write code and manage a high-performance team.
- Drive the ongoing development of the next generation Wellist product in coordination with a team of engineers - including team leadership with hands in the code
- Manage and grow an ambitious team of software developers
- Promote a culture of quality within your team, while still being willing to take help
- Identify, get buy in for, and implement best practices for quality and efficient engineering
- Effectively communicate and collaborate on engineering priorities with a broad array of stakeholders
- Encourage professional development and growth, both for you and your team
You have ample, relevant experience
7+ years of relevant technical experience with a track record of success (e.g. building complex, algorithm-driven back-end services; designing and implementing elegant and robust web service APIs)
You can support the team with full-stack development and devops
Competence with modern front-end toolkits, such as backbone, angular, ember, or react; and Ruby on Rails (which powers our API). You manage, but are also compelled to get your hands in the code.
You know the technology that powers our ability to serve our patients and caregivers
You have experience with AWS and can keenly and quickly troubleshoot issues or improve upon the current system. As well, you are familiar with Kubernetes and a broad range of modern DevOps and InfoSec tools.
Experienced with product roadmap development and partnering with colleagues to achieve key product goals
Youve worked closely with product management previously and are excited to collaborate to interpret product requirements, understand feasibility and deliver on company priorities.
Were a team united by a driving passion to improve the lives of patients and families. We work tirelessly together to do the right thing for our clients, patients, and each other - and doing the right thing, it turns out, isnt that easy. With equal parts grit, creativity, empathy, adaptability and just plain hard work, we strive to make the impossible possible: empowering all patients.
Why work here
- A meaningful mission. Join a growing team that is making a difference in healthcare by improving the lives of patients and families.
- A fun office environment. The fridge is always stocked, the snacks are abundant, and we even have a dog or two to snuggle.
- Interesting, diverse team members. Whether it's book club, daily trivia or an international potluck, Wellist is an amazing community of caring people.
- Outstanding benefits. We offer excellent medical and dental insurance coverage, life & disability insurance, 3 weeks of PTO and a generous parental leave policy.
- Opportunities to develop your career. Learn from executives and expand your resume with a Series A stage healthcare startup. Company off-sites help us align on the strategic priorities, spend time with team members and possibly enjoy an escape room.
- Delicious perks. We love Bagel Wednesdays so much, we named our conference rooms after our favorites (meet you in Sesame).
More Jobs From