Office Tour Photos
Who we are:
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 14 million items across home furnishings, decor, home improvement, housewares, and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes from product discovery to final delivery.
Advertising Technology (Ad Tech) is one of the core competencies and competitive advantages of Wayfair. Our industry-leading platforms include measurement and attribution systems to guide decision making for our >$1B in advertising spend; recommendations and personalization platforms that optimize all touchpoints in the customer experience, both on and off-site; Our internal DMP (i.e., CIS - Customer Information System) which makes available all of our customer data for our marketing campaigns and recommendation algorithms; and our core Ad Tech platforms that support channels such as search/PLA, retargeting and email/notifications platforms. With an integrated stack, Wayfair drives consistent 1-1 and segment based marketing across channels.
Our Customer Intelligence team builds our personalization and recommendation platforms with the goal of increasing relevance in all our touch points (site/ app experience, product sort, promotions, email, off-site marketing) to increase relevance of messaging/offers and lifetime value. Responsible for the foundation of our ad tech as well as customer analytics and personalization, this team partners closely with every customer facing part of the organization including our Media business, which is a major profitability driver for Wayfair.
The Head of Ad Tech and Customer Intelligence will be responsible for growing and leading high performance engineering teams across our Ad Tech and Customer Intelligence platforms. We are looking for a seasoned engineering leader who has driven the design, development, and deployment of an in-house advertising platform at scale and who will lead Wayfair's efforts in this space for the next phase of its growth. Your work will reach all of Wayfairs active customers across our sites, apps, and marketing channels, ultimately creating best-in-class shopping experiences where customers can find exactly the right products and services theyre looking for. In this highly strategic role, you will partner closely with internal stakeholders across the business including marketing, data science, and executive leadership. This role presents significant technical, analytical, and leadership opportunities with enormous potential for business impact. You will also have the opportunity to dive deep into the technical details of the platforms while simultaneously defining and communicating front-line vision as a key leader within our organization.
What You'll Do
- Lead, develop, and mentor a cross-functional engineering and product team of 150+ across all levels of seniority
- Partner with executive and marketing leadership to define business vision and strategy around Ad Tech and Customer Intelligence
- Act as a trusted mentor and advisor to others within our technology organization, specifically around optimization, process definition, and execution
- Leverage data to understand risks, priorities and scope of business objectives and develop near term goals and strategic vision
- Execute on new ideas that have an outsized, significant and lasting impact
- Show a passion for innovation and results
- Work with product teams, engineering leadership and the executive business owners
What You'll Need
- 10+ years of experience in engineering leadership, with preference for candidates with a mix of start-up and large-company experience (and/or candidates who have started new products/initiatives within large companies
- Strong history of building and leading engineering and product teams that can innovate rapidly and scale with the business
- Demonstrated experience building scalable advertising solutions quickly
- Previous track record of individual contribution within software engineering
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a bias for action and desire to build in rapidly changing environments
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with hypothesis- driven problem solving and turning data into actionable insights
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated experience navigating a complex organization and generating buy-in for plans
- Experience with high-growth environments at scale
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From