Chewy is growing at a rapid pace. Our approach of thinking about our customers first and ability to move fast has created a large opportunity to rethink and redesign our supply chain optimization frameworks from ground up. If the opportunity to create a best in class supply chain network, make a large business impact, and deliver large scale savings intrigue you, we will want to talk to you.
Chewys Supply Chain Research and Planning team is looking for a Head of Business Analytics, Supply Chain Replenishment to help us transition to best in class supply chain systems and lead our efforts in building the next generation of replenishment systems and mechanisms. You will partner with cross functional and senior leaders within Supply chain and merchandizing team to develop actionable insights to drive our product and science roadmap.
The successful candidate is one who thrives in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment, has a strong understanding of business and operational needs, algorithmic concepts and is comfortable working in a hybrid technical/science/analytics/product team. The candidate is passionate about solving real business problems using cutting-edge analytics and technology. You will develop a team culture that encourages innovation, analytical rigor, and ties it back to so what.
In addition, you are skilled at anticipating bottlenecks, providing escalation management, balancing business needs with technical constraints, and taking calculated risks to maximize business benefit. You have an ability to focus on cross functional communication to have clear visibility on key decisions, roadmap, and project statuses. You are not only passionate about delivering extensible, on-time solutions, but should also be obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance metrics, continuous process improvement and mentorship.
What Youll Do:
- Lead development of best-in-class measurement frameworks and KPIs for evaluating effectiveness of our replenishment strategies, and identifying opportunities to improve inventory optimization
- Partner directly with cross-functional and senior leadership to prioritize and deliver Supply Chain analytics initiatives across multiple functional groups and stakeholders
- Proactively anticipate the analytics needs and build frameworks, tools, and solutions to facilitate insights, data retrieval, and self-serve analytics
- Proactively measure and analyze business trends and deliver actionable insights and recommendations
- Lead recurring business reviews to share insights and drive actions to improve customer experience and key strategic metrics
- Deliver clear data driven insights in both verbal and written form
- Lead multiple analytics team members in developing reports, managing data processes, and delivering analyses across all categories, vendors, brands, and items
- Mentor, coach, and develop analytics team members
What You'll Need:
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain, Business, Finance, Math, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or a related degree with analytics and quantitative emphasis; MBA or MS preferred
- Minimum 10+ years delivering analytics tools and insights in an ecommerce or retail setting
- Strong leadership skills with minimum of 6 years managing people
- Strong understanding of Ecommerce and supply chain concepts such as replenishment, inventory optimization, selection, forecasting, fulfilment, capacity planning, etc.
- Exemplary stakeholder management and prioritization skills using systems, processes, and scalable frameworks
- Proven experience delivering large scale analytics initiatives on tight timelines
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills using data to recommend and drive actions
- Experience building business cases for products and features, and analyzing performance
- High degree of proficiency creating and interpreting business metrics, executing complex analyses, and connecting multiple data sources to explain business performance
- Superior attention to detail and experience building processes to validate data integrity
- Passion for data and an obsession to use data to drive value for customers and business
- Position may require travel
- MBA, MS in Analytics, or equivalent advanced academic degree
- Advanced technical skills using R, Python, or other programming languages
- Data modeling experience in Merchandising, Finance, Retail/Ecommerce
- Demonstrated ability to balance the high standards with the need to move fast
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HRatchewy.com.