The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, youll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
Weve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. Theres plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
Note for applicants: We're open to candidates located near our Bedford, MA headquarters or working remotely in the US.
As a leader in the open source database market, EDB is at the forefront of business modernization for some of the largest, most successful organizations around the world. And with 45 consecutive quarters of annual recurring revenue growth, we are moving fast. Come join our smart, dynamic, madly talented team as we drive EDB into our most exciting phase of opportunity and growth.
We are looking for a versatile and talented Graphic Designer to join our marketing team. You will work closely with our content creation, user experience, and website team members to develop a wide variety of digital marketing materials.
- Be a designer of everything digital (websites, emails, social media, presentations, white papers, technical diagrams, infographics, etc.)
- Translating business requirements, user needs, and technical requirements into visually engaging and easy-to-use designs
- Manage multiple design projects while balancing shifting priorities and meeting deadlines, always be ready for the next fire drill
- Capable of translating complex concepts into compelling, engaging, and dynamic designs, in easily consumable formats.
- Design for all types of screens (desktop, mobile, and beyond)
- Work with developers to ensure the proper implementation of your designs
- Be the keeper of the brand and ensure its consistent use across all designs
- Maintain an archive of all digital assets
- Stay up to date with best practices in designing for digital experiences
- 3 - 5 years of design experience
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in other modern design tools such as Sketch, Axure, AdobeXd, etc
- Compelling and diverse design portfolio in both digital and print
- A solid understanding of brand/design systems and visual design
- Self-starter with excellent project management skills
- Passion for clean design, knowledge of typography and color theory
- Excellent attention to detail for both design and accuracy
- Believe content and users inform design and interaction
- Be able to communicate clearly with people who have different levels of expertise and design knowledge
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS
- Understanding of web technologies and web content management tools
- Understanding of accessibility standards
- Experience producing interactive content or animations
- Knowledge of or experience with atomic design principles
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Familiarity with JIRA project tracking software (or similar)
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. Wed love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our companys integrity.