Would you like to be globally responsible for the full product life cycle of one of the key product lines in a market-leading robotics company?
Then this is your chance. Join us to translating company vision and goals into actionable tasks.
As our new Global Product Manager, you will guide a product team that is charged with a product’s contribution to our business, building new application-level products and increasing the profitability of existing products. In addition, you will help develop new ideas based on your contact with customers and prospects.
Set the direction for our applications products
You will manage the entire application product line life cycle from sunsetting legacy products to prototyping and testing new features, products and ideas. Doing so, you will work closely with design and engineering teammates, setting product strategy, prioritizing features, building consensus, and coordinating product schedules.
You will also work with a development counterpart to define product release requirements based on market problems. Likewise, you will cooperate with product marketing and marketing communications to help define the go-to-market strategy by providing key product and market insights.
Your key tasks include:
- Analyzing various application market segments and collaborating with management to choose which to pursue
- Developing a three-year roadmap for our applications products
- Developing and maintaining a business proposal that makes a compelling case for continued investment into your application products
- Creating user stories for current and future products
- Driving buy-build-partner analysis, and where necessary, review potential partner relationships for the products
- Driving changes to our product and processes to create improvement
Do you possess a blend of business and technical savvy?
It is key that you are tech savvy and passionate about building application products. You must also enjoy spending time in the market to understand market problems and finding innovative solutions for the broader market.
Communications skills are likewise very important in this role, as you will need to communicate at all levels. Therefore, you are a team player, adept at managing relationships and influencing others and you are comfortable holding professional conversations with our target buyers and users.
To succeed, we also imagine that you:
- Have a technical degree, preferably an MBA, in engineering, manufacturing, or related field,
- Have 5+ years of marketing, development, sales, or product management experience
- Have solid experience working with industrial equipment within manufacturing environments, ideally in applications such as welding, material handling, packaging, palletizing, finishing, etc.
- Have experience with and an understanding of what goes into selecting industrial equipment for manufacturing applications
- Are proficient in using productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Project or Basecamp
- Have knowledge of tools such as Confluence, JIRA, and Microsoft CRM
- Have experience with best practice agile scrum development and lean startup principles
This position requires domestic and international travel to customer and potential sites up to 25 percent.
Ready to apply?
Send your application as soon as possible. We take candidates into the recruitment process on a continuous basis.
Join Universal Robots
We are a diverse group of smart, creative people working at the forefront of collaborative robotics. Our robotics arms help our customers improve productivity and profitability and create a safer work environment.
Together, we find innovative solutions to some of the most important manufacturing issues facing businesses today. And we dare to do what others find impossible – working towards making leading-edge technologies a reality for businesses of all sizes.