Office Tour Photos
Mendix is on a mission to enable anyone in any organization from the marketing coordinator to the software developer to the CEO to create things that are transformational for their company. We are fundamentally reinventing the way applications are created and were reinventing the future of software development. Sounds ambitious, right? We agree.
Not to brag, but nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications. Thousands of our customers use our platform to delight their clients and empower their employees. Its no surprise that were a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $21 billion by 2022. Ok, maybe we did want to brag a little. But were proud of what weve accomplishedandwere humble enough to admit that we need you to make us even more effective.
Position Title: Global Employee Experience Manager
Job Summary (Boston or Greater Rotterdam)
US: We are a passionate People and Culture team, with folks in the UK, the Netherlands, Germany, and the US. With a people-first strategy guiding our department, we have a team of people who wake up each day motivated to make an impact. Motivated to drive value for the company. Motivated to help employees live their best [work] lives. Were ambitious. Were fun. Were hard working. We curse. We collaborate regularly and are always looking to disrupt the traditional approach to HR-related issues. The norm is not good enough. Good enough is not good enough. We have three pillars of our strategy: to grow manager capabilities, to increase career development, and to ensure that our guiding principles are embedded into everything we do. Our work never ends, and we kinda like that.
YOU: You are a relationship-builder, always curious about people and what makes them tick. You establish trust and respect easily with a wide variety of people. You see things through to the end. You are always looking for ways to make things better. You are globally-minded, understanding how to adapt your style to fit other cultures and styles. You are inclusive. You are assertive. You are an excellent listener and communicator. You listen intently. You write eloquently. Your communications are direct, thoughtful and clear. You express yourself authentically in person and in writing. People seek your help with their own communication. You have the ability to brainstorm, create, innovate, and design. You also have the ability to execute, manage, and coordinate. You can see the big picture, and you can focus on the details. You look beyond the surface and connect the dots. You are human-centered. You want to collaborate. Youre resourceful and comfortable with ambiguity. In fact, in a state of ambiguity, youre ready to jump in and take action, knowing how to connect your actions to the larger context. Youre motivated to continuously learn and grow.
As an integral part of the People and Culture team, you have the opportunity to directly impact and improve the lived experience of employees in some* of the following ways:
- Onboarding: you will revise, reinvent, and recreate the onboarding experience for all new employees. You will be responsible for the delivery of a global program, aimed at ensuring all new employees label Mendix as a great place to work. In addition, the attrition rate will go down with you at the helm of this program, and the hiring managers will be more equipped to help their new employees get acclimated to the team and company.
- Communications: you will help ensure that our divisional leaders have the support and structure they need to effectively communicate across the company. You will challenge the traditional approach, focusing on what and how employees need to receive messages.
- Employer Branding: you will own the employer brand, aligning messaging with the Marketing team, and ensuring that our messages are consistent across platforms and mediums. You will help make Mendix an employer of choice, through social media, campaigns, and the like. Youll work closely with our Talent Acquisition team to bridge the candidate experience with the employee experience.
- Training and Development: you will be involved in understanding the needs of employees across the organization, and helping to create programming to help nurture our talent. You might manage vendors, you might design programs, you might deliver programs. You will focus on employees in their first few months of employment, and your work will be so good, it will trickle out to more tenured employees, as well.
- Other: Coaching? Teambuilding? Employee Recognition? Diversity, Inclusion, Equity, Belonging? Bring it on! And bring all of your ideas with you
- * some: for the right candidate, we can tailor some of the responsibilities to ensure you are getting the experience you need for your career development. Candidates do not need to own every category listed.
- Design, implement, deliver, and manage the onboarding experience for all new employees with minimal oversight
- Manage our employer brand on all relevant platforms (Glassdoor, LinkedIn, etc.) in partnership with Marketing and Talent Acquisition
- Build our point of view for the desired employee experience at Mendix
- Leverage employee data relative to a group or function to gain insights into talent, and better understand things like engagement, career progression, development needs, etc. to inform our strategy and approach
- Meet with stakeholders to determine opportunities to increase the employee experience via alignment in efforts across different areas of responsibilities ex. Facilities, perks, benefits, internal events, formal and informal mtgs
- Meet with leaders to determine opportunities for increased and improved communications across the organization
- Collaborate with others on the People and Culture team regarding the application and impact of any related talent programs
- Provide best practice guidance to People and Culture on onboarding and the first 90 days of an employees experience
- Determine development needs across the organization and recommend appropriate solutions
- Effectively facilitate onboarding / learning / development sessions for new employees
- Improve our employer brand through all relevant mediums (Glassdoor, LinkedIn, etc.)
- What else? What do YOU want to do? What do YOU see as the opportunities in a role like this?
- Bachelors degree or relevant experience in related field
- In depth knowledge of organizational psychology principles, adult learning principles, and/or human behavior principles
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport quickly and establish trust-based and effective relationships with a variety of individuals across all geographies
- Demonstrated ability to deliver creative and collaborative solutions that impact the employee experience and drive engagement
- 3-7 years of relevant experience in people-centered roles
- Proven ability to thrive in a global company
- Ability to impact a tech-focused environment
- Comfort and effectiveness in delivering presentations, trainings, or seminars; comfort in front of large and small audiences
- Well-honed consultative, communication, and coaching skills
- Full command of the English language, both written and verbal (speaking Dutch is a bonus!)
Our Guiding Principles
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our MendixBlue guiding principles. Being MendixBlue means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. Its kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first. Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, alwaysyou belong here.
We think big. We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long termyou belong here.
We innovate. We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask what if? and work to find a way or make oneyou belong here.
We nurture talent. We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if youre up for learning from your failuresyou belong here.
We hear every voice. Inflated egos dont last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win regardless of who they come fromyou belong here.
We own it. If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it doneyou belong here.
We have fun. We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and were happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you doyou belong here.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But youll find one at Mendix. We are at a pivotal time in our companys existence: where rapid growth meets stable funding. This is the time for industrious people to raise their hands to solve the next generation of problems. Mendix is a place where ambitious people can thrive; where you can identify an issue, propose a solution, and build the structure to make it happen.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means were backed by the resources and stability of one of the worlds largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim has been to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. Thats why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. With offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, and the US, (and more coming), we provide an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.