Bevi is on a mission to disrupt the beverage supply chain and replace single-use water bottles with smart water machines. Thousands of companies use Bevi to sustainably provide their employees with pure, sparkling, and flavored water at work. As the market leader in IoT-enabled beverage machines, weve raised over $160M in venture capital and were growing rapidly year over year. In addition to maintaining growth with our current product line, Bevi is heavily investing in new product development.
Bevi is seeking a Global Commodity Sourcing Manager to join our Manufacturing Engineering and Quality team. The Global Commodity Sourcing Manager guides sourcing strategies, AVL development and activities to achieve production goals for our next major stages of growth. This role reports directly to the Senior Manager of Manufacturing Supply Chain, and is a key member of our Manufacturing Engineering team while collaborating closely with Hardware Engineering, Product and Operations.
- Understand manufacturing processes for custom and build to stock material, and the markets that support them in low cost regions to find applicable, quality suppliers for respective commodity components
- Lead AVL (Approved Vendor List) development through risk based analyses on prospective suppliers in low cost regions
- Align commodity and sourcing strategy to meet Bevis business objectives for sustaining production, new product development & introduction, and research & development activities
- Lead/facilitate Supplier Quality initiatives including supplier audits and source inspections
- Preserve continuity of supply while meeting on-time delivery and quality requirements from supply base
- Work closely with Hardware Engineering inputs to influence technical design decisions based on supplier process capabilities.
- Identify new suppliers to meet technical design, cost, and business objectives.
- Define standard and custom product requirements; assist in aligning business requirements with supplier capabilities.
- Supplement management of the AVL for supplier selection and qualification
- Ensure a competitive sourcing environment leading to continuous improvement in quality, cost, delivery, and technology
- Interface with cross functional teams to assess current and future sourcing requirements
- Assist in managing contract manufacturing relationship including supplier performance, cost target, and inventory and order management activities
- Support supplier initiatives including annual cost reductions, VMI/JIT, lead-time reductions, favorable payment terms, etc.
- Identify suppliers for NPI (New Product Introduction) designs to support time to market, as well as, cost and quality targets.
- Drive supply chain readiness within the NPI process.
- Support and maintain ERP and system data integrity with timely transactions, exception report management, and resolution to invoice issues.
- Periodic travel to suppliers manufacturing sites, including international trips
- Minimum two years of experience sourcing with contract manufacturers
- Direct experience in supplier / supply chain management
- Supply chain experience working with cross functional teams in a mechanical or consumer devices product company
- Familiarity with world-class sourcing practices and tools; and continuous improvement methodologies
- Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain Management or Equivalent discipline preferred
- Strong leadership skills, and ability to assume a leadership role and make recommendations to cross-functional peers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to solve problems and coordinate with cross-functional teams
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Ability to be innovative on issues related to strategic sourcing and vendor relations
- Strong analytical skills (i.e. cost and inventory modeling, quotation analysis, material what-if scenarios, etc.)
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Excel and analytical tools
- Knowledge of demand & supply planning, manufacturing execution, and S&OP processes.
- Ability to drive operational efficiencies and document supply chain processes
- High energy, driven, and enthusiastic about supply chain strategies to support business growth
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans with BlueCross BlueShield, 95% paid by employer
- 401(k) and environmentally responsible investment options
- Fully employer paid disability and life insurances
- Wellness and fitness reimbursements
- 15 days vacation and 9 paid holidays, plus additional paid days for sick leave, etc (including sustainability or social justice volunteer events)
- Paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers
- Monthly stipends for cell phone use and commuting costs
- Onsite snacks and Bevis... and composting and terracycling, too
- Happy hours, pancake breakfasts, Hero awards - and more!
- Join a team that shares our Bevi Core Values:
- Put Customers First
- Be Great to Work with
- Raise the Bar Together
- Act Like You Own the Business
- Be Curious and Ask Why
- Champion Sustainability