To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring groundbreaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
At Formlabs, our passion is designing and building powerful 3D printing tools. Our diverse Manufacturing Team makes these ideas a reality, so our products can be enjoyed by thousands of people around the world. As a Global Commodity Manager, you will develop the partnership between our hardware engineering teams and our contract manufacturers to ensure continued supply of our products. By managing production strategy and roadmaps, leveraging strategic business tactics, and guiding continuous improvement of industrial lines, youll ensure overall manufacturing success with minimized supply risk and lowered costs.
- Own and develop the relationship with Formlabs key contract manufacturers
- Ensure cost, delivery and quality of finished goods from our manufacturing line
- Manage costs for sustained production through a variety of methods
- Negotiate the lowest possible transfer price balanced against the quality and scheduling requirements
- Lead recovery plans and execution when supply falls short of demand plan
- Own and execute production planning, continuity of part supply, pricing negotiation, invoicing, and build management
- Drive suppliers to improve their infrastructure to support our developing business needs
- Drive continuous improvements and efficiencies within the supply chain and ensure full support
- 2+ years of experience in supply chain, manufacturing, production planning, or program management
- Experienced negotiator with a strong understanding of contract manufacturing cost structure
- Strong business acumen and the ability to make data-driven decisions that improve commercial flexibility through production
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques and quality control processes
- Have successfully managed global supply chains, specifically in Europe and Asia
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- 2D or 3D printing industry experience
- Experience in distribution or logistics
- Mandarin language proficiency
Our Perks & Benefits:
- Robust equity program to build future wealth through RSUs
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Low cost fund options in our 401K and access to advisors
- Generous paid Parental Leave (up to 16 weeks)
- Tenure-based paid Sabbatical Leave (up to 6 weeks)
- Flexible Out of Office Plan Take time when you need it
- Ample on-site parking & pre-tax commuter benefits
- Healthy on-site lunches, snacks, beverages, & treats
- Regular sponsored professional development opportunities
- Many opt-in culture events across our diverse community
- And of course unlimited 3D prints
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.
To all recruitment agencies: Formlabs does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Formlabs employees or any other company location. Formlabs is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.