Casa Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: CASA) delivers converged broadband technology solutions that enable mobile, cable and fixed network service providers to meet the growing demand for gigabit bandwidth and services. Our suite of distributed and virtualized solutions for fixed and mobile 5G ultra-broadband networks are engineered for performance, flexibility and scale. Commercially deployed in over 70 countries, Casa serves more than 475 Tier 1 and regional service providers worldwide. At Casa Systems, our mission is to deliver ultra-broadband solutions that keep families, communities and the world connected. We harness our passion for innovation to drive technological solutions that allow service providers to do amazing things that improve the way we live.
We are seeking to hire a Global Commodity Manager to join our growing team based in Andover, MA, USA, which is located about 30 minutes north of Boston.
The Global Commodity Manager will impact the organization by preparing and maintaining comprehensive commodity plans. They will function as the organization’s resident expert regarding the products, components, contract agreements, and materials. The Global Commodity Manager will assess supply chain and supplier cost structure, perform make buy analysis, and negotiate supply agreements. They will also inform Operations Management and strategic Contract Manufacturers of commodity strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and maintain comprehensive commodity plans with a focus on material cost reduction, technology roadmap, inventory strategic programs and best in class sources of supply.
- Proactively assist in resolving major problem areas that arise at the tactical level.
- Inform Operations Management as well as strategic Contract Manufacturers of commodity strategies, forward looking price agreements, stocking programs and the impact/timing of the implementation plans on manufacturing.
- Create and manage high-level business agreements, develop and manage relationships with suppliers that are successfully executed at the tactical level by Supply Chain resources and Casa Contract Manufacturers.
- Participate on cross-functional NPI as well as production teams to leverage supplier spend and next generation technology adoption.
- Creation of defined spend categories and Preferred Supplier strategies.
- Evaluate supply chain and supplier cost structure; perform make buy analysis; negotiate supply agreements.
- Function as the organization's resident expert regarding the products, components, contract agreements, and materials.
- Commodity management experience to include:Electro-mechanical space to include mechanical, PCB, PCB content.
- Custom machined parts, castings, extrusions, plastic injection molding.
- Outsourcing model and EMS Sourcing and management.
- Passive electrical components (capacitors, diodes, resistors, connectors), Semiconductor, Optical components; and global supply chain to include low cost region.
- Distribution strategies and VMI program experience.
- Undergraduate degree in Business or related discipline; graduate degree preferred.
- 10 – 15 years related materials experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Supplier contracts experience.
- Professional certification is desirable.
- Proven presentation skills and ability to work as a team player.
- Able and willing to travel up to 25% of the time globally.
Casa Systems, Inc. participates in the E‑Verify program. Casa Systems is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment free from unlawful employment discrimination and without barriers to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
Job Location Andover, Massachusetts, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More Jobs From