Your role in our mission
Were on a mission to build intuitive, personal help and anticipatory technology into one of the most important spaces in our lives: our home. As a startup at the intersection of four multi-billion dollar industries - real estate, technology, service and commerce - Hello Alfred is a new kind of company: trusted to serve consumers past their front door.
The GM, Buildings role will own and drive the strategy of Alfreds entire building technology business. As a true business owner, you will oversee the P&L, revenue and product roadmap for Hello Alfreds B2B business lines Reporting to our COO and Co-founder, you will manage and build a cross functional team including sales, account management, product and marketing. The ideal candidate will possess both a business background to drive enterprise value and engagement at the executive level, as well as the ability to execute and delegate and build a world-class cross-functional organization. You will be measured to revenue, footprint and margin targets.
This is a big role that owns one of the most critical parts of Alfreds business. It requires a big leader with a strong point of view / vision, product-thinking, analytical chops, a passion for B2B sales and marketing , and the ability to influence and drive results across organizations.
How youll help us to be successful
In this role, you will run Alfreds entire building (B2B) business, determining strategy, sales approach and product development to drive accelerated revenue growth and profitability.
- Own and evolve the long term strategic roadmap for Alfreds B2B business in line with business priorities and objectives
- Establish the product vision and strategy for the B2B business line, as well as developing metrics and goals to measure success
- Set and achieve aggressive revenue targets for our Buildings business line
- Serving as the key business stakeholder for the B2B technology team, providing business goals to guide the prioritization of the roadmap, ensuring alignment with cross-functional partners (Finance, Sales, Marketing, Operations etc.) and the executive team
- Lead and manage our B2B Sales team to achieve revenue and footprint targets, while also taking market feedback and incorporating it into our product roadmap
- Become an expert in residential real estate technology, developing hypotheses, soliciting constant customer feedback and ultimately ensuring were building the right products
- Align and rally the cross-functional team behind one vision, roadmap and set of targets, including product management, engineering, design, sales, marketing and operations
- Rapidly iterating and evolving the product to meet our building partners needs, while creating scalable global solutions
- Using internal and external data, research and learning opportunities to look around corners for future user needs
What superpowers youll use
- General manager/owner mentality: an entrepreneurial drive with bias for action
- Outcome-oriented: not reactionary, articulates the desired outcome and works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- Customer experience intuition and judgement: demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly applications, features, workflows, services and experiences.
- Collaborative: excellent relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
Who you are
- 10-15+ years of business line general management and/or product management experience, having built new products or services successfully from concept to scale
- Deep familiarity and expertise in real estate technology and innovation; landlord relationships preferred
- Proven P&L ownership and revenue growth
- A systems thinker with a lateral mind; low ego, high intellect
- Proven revenue leader with a successful track record of maturing and scaling up early stage SaaS technology companys revenue, operations, teams, and business model
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and execute a product vision, strategy, planning and development
- Experience bridging the online-offline world in this hybrid role of tech / physical experience / services solution set
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve goals in a fast-paced environment, while building scalable solutions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with technical and non-technical audiences
- MBA or masters degree preferred
More Jobs From