We are looking for a General Counsel to report into our Chief Executive Officer. In this role you will be
responsible for all aspects of the companys legal and compliance functions. You will serve as a
solutions-oriented advisor, partnering with the CEO, CFO, senior leadership and the board of directors on
all aspects of the business, assess current and future risks and assist in setting, influencing and
implementing the overall strategic direction of the company. The position will also support a broad-based
group of internal business clients across multiple disciplines and geographies, including on matters
related to privacy and data protection, employment, Mergers and Acquisitions and SEC reporting, support on commercial
contracts, insurance regulatory matters, public company compliance, real estate leases, and corporate
About the role:
- Oversee all legal issues for the company and manages the company's internal legal function.
- Provide business partners with thoughtful legal perspective and guidance, as well as risk
- assessment and mitigation strategies.
- Provide educated legal advice to senior management, board members and other executives
- on various legal and compliance matters.
- Manage external partnerships and oversees the retention, management and evaluation of all
- outside counsel.
- Participate directly in complex business transactions and negotiates critical contracts and
- agreements for the organization.
- In role as corporate secretary, work closely with the company's Board of Directors and its
- committees on all business, legal and governance issues affecting the company, recording and
- reporting on meetings.
- Assume ultimate responsibility for ensuring that the company conducts its business in
- compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including all SEC requirements.
- Participate in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures and programs
- partnering with other leaders to guide and implement
- Work closely in collaboration with senior leadership and serves as a thought partner for other
- positions in the organization.
Who we are looking for:
- JD from an ABA-accredited law school and an active bar license in good standing
- 15+ years experience as an attorney with a mix of significant law firm and extensive in-house
- Experience working as an in-house attorney at a technology company
- In-house public company experience (including SEC compliance) required
- Experience in highly regulated industries preferred with an added preference for insurance
- related experience
- Highly developed written and oral communications skills, with the ability to clearly articulate
- recommendations and options about complex legal issues
- Highly collaborative and able to organize and manage projects with multiple stakeholders and
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and weigh business and legal risks, lead strategically and
- advance innovative solutions
- Tactful with strong external negotiation skills
- Ability to quickly come up to speed and excel in matters specific to the company's technology,
- including government, regulatory and security compliance
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) operates the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. We make insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and providers time and money. Our goal is to reshape the way consumers shop and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
EverQuote is committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.