We are looking for an intermediate or senior full-stack developer to help drive the evolution of AppNeta's cloud-based web solutions.
You will be a collaborative, pragmatic self-starter who excels at learning, planning, and executing in a fast-paced environment. You are a seasoned developer and thrive on positive interactions with team members, and have a passion for bringing great products into our world through collaboration and ingenuity.
Although we have offices (currently closed) in Vancouver and Boston we are remote first and encourage candidates from anywhere in the US or Canada to apply!
What you will do:
- Be an inclusive member of self-organizing, cross-functional agile teams
- Work autonomously and drive your projects to completion
- Work closely with product owners to understand priorities and requirements
- Collaboratively engineer and deliver new features and visualizations
- Design and implement portable, reusable, and testable UI components
- Seamlessly integrate the user interface with highly scalable back-end services
- Write highly maintainable, easy-to-understand code in the cloud, including web services
- See the job through to completion by understanding how the software will be built, tested, deployed, and supported
Ideally you'll have most of the following:
- Computer Science or Software Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- At least a few years of hands-on experience, designing and delivering large scale solutions
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Strong desire and ability to learn independently and apply new technologies
- Experience utilizing Java/J2EE technologies for back-end services (EJB3, JPA, Spring, Jersey)
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL data stores (PostgresSQL, ElasticSearch, Aurora, DynamoDB)
- Experience with distributed system performance analysis and optimization
- A strong grasp of CS and software design principles
- Proficiency with Unix/Linux systems
- Demonstrated ability to understand, diagnose and effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Demonstrated ability to handle ambiguous problems and make tradeoffs without compromising quality
- Experience or interest in network management and web application performance
- Experience with cloud architectures and a variety of Amazon Web Services
AppNeta is the leader in proactive end-user performance monitoring solutions built for the distributed enterprise. With AppNeta, IT and Network Ops teams can assure continual and exceptional delivery of business-critical applications. AppNetas SaaS-based solutions give IT teams essential application and network performance data, allowing them to continuously monitor user experience across any application, network, data center or cloud.
At AppNeta, we take application and network performance seriously without taking ourselves too seriously. AppNeta strives to create an inclusive and anti-racist workplace for all team members. We work every day to facilitate and actively promote an environment where all employees know they are truly valued and treated equally. We offer work-from-home stipends, unlimited time off, and generous paid Maternity/Paternity leave, and pride ourselves on providing a challenging yet fun and collaborative environment.