U.S. healthcare is frustrating and deeply flawed. Cedars mission is to drive better outcomes for everyone involved. At a time when consumer-friendly healthcare experiences are more critical than ever, our platform is uniquely equipped to solve problems that lead to billing issues and administrative waste.
At Cedar, know that your work will have a meaningful impact on peoples lives. Cedarians work collectively to improve the healthcare experience across the ecosystemfrom providers and payers to the people they serve. Join our mission as we build something transformational.
Cedar is making major improvements to the patient financial experience. On the Cedar Pay Engineering Pillar, we hope to eliminate the burden of billing for patients and providers delivering a comprehensive, personalized, and connected financial experience.
As part of our vision to fulfill the diverse needs of the majority of the US patient population, we are in need of a Software Engineer to work on a new squad that focuses on patients with large, complex bills. We hope to enable these patients by making it easier for them to digest their bills, help them understand their payment options and provide tailored solutions for their unique financial situations.
- We're looking for someone who very much enjoys being as much a part of the product development process as they enjoy coding and being hands on. This is a new initiative and we plan on exploring many ideas to find the most impactful opportunities for patients.
- To be successful, our Software Engineers bring a "do what it takes" ownership mindset to this innovative and impactful work for patients.
- Develop and move quickly on high-impact initiatives in the Cedar Pay product
- Support your counterparts on the product, design and commercial teams on understanding and solving patient problems, playing a key role in the product development process
- Work autonomously and creatively in navigating and overcoming obstacles that you encounter
- Cedar is committed to a flexible work environment, so this as well as many of our roles are remote friendly.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 4+ years of professional software development experience.
- Strong computer science fundamentals - a degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field, or similar experience.
- Expertise in at least one major coding language.
- Experience working on technical projects across the stack
- Experience working directly with product and design
- Experience building and working with APIs
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, comfort with ambiguity
- Passionate about Cedars mission of improving the healthcare financial experience
Compensation Range and Benefits:
- Salary/Hourly Rate Range*: $170,000 - $200,000
- This role is equity eligible
- This role offers a competitive benefits and wellness package
*Subject to location, experience, and education
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- A chance to improve the U.S. healthcare system at a high-growth company! Our leading healthcare financial platform is scaling rapidly, helping millions of patients per year
- Unless stated otherwise, most roles have flexibility to work from home or in the office, depending on what works best for you
- Unlimited PTO for vacation, sick and mental health dayswe encourage everyone to take at least 20 days of vacation per year to ensure dedicated time to spend with loved ones, explore, rest and recharge
- 16 weeks paid parental leave with health benefits for all parents, plus flexible re-entry schedules for returning to work
- Diversity initiatives that encourage Cedarians to bring their whole selves to work, including three employee resource groups: [email protected] (for BIPOC-identifying Cedarians and their allies), Pridecones (for LGBTQIA+ Cedarians and their allies) and Cedar Women+ (for female-identifying Cedarians)
- Competitive pay, equity (for qualifying roles) and health benefits that start on the first of the month following your start date (or on your start date if your start date coincides with the first of the month)
- Cedar matches 100% of your 401(k) contributions, up to 3% of your annual compensation
- Access to hands-on mentorship, employee and management coaching, and a team discretionary budget for learning and development resources to help you grow both professionally and personally
Cedar was co-founded by Florian Otto and Arel Lidow in 2016 after a negative medical billing experience inspired them to help improve our healthcare system. With a commitment to solving billing and patient experience issues, Cedar has become a leading healthcare technology company fueled by remarkable growth. Over the past several years, weve raised more than $350 million in funding from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Tiger Global, bringing Cedars valuation to $3.2 billion.
As of December 2022, Cedar is engaging with 20 million patients on an annualized basis, and is on target to process $2.7 billion in patient payments annually. Cedars ambition is to serve 50-60 million Americans by 2025, about half of the U.S. population that makes medical payments annually. Cedar partners with more than 55 leading healthcare providers and payers including Highmark Inc., Allegheny Health Network, Summit Health, Novant Health, Allina Health and Providence.