The Ready Vision
At Ready Education, we are deeply committed to improving student success and college graduation rates worldwide by crafting digital experiences that build community and increase student engagement. We are a global, enterprise SaaS company with 725+ campus partners and 7M+ students in 25 countries actively using our platform.
Ready is growing rapidly, both organically and inorganically, and has successfully completed four acquisitions in the past year. We have a diverse and world class team poised for our next phase of rapid growth.
What You'll Do
- As a Full Stack Developer, you’ll work on our single-page application (SPA) in our UK engineering team of five members.
- You will help us develop and support the existing MyDay application which is being used by millions of students worldwide.
- The application is written in AngularJS 1.x, using the latest technologies like TypeScript, Sass and Webpack, running on .net backend codebase in Azure - helping us modernise it to use the latest versions of Angular.
- There will also be an opportunity to work on the global Ready Education platform in the future.
- We work in fortnightly sprints to deliver value for our customers using the scrum framework. You will be involved in sprint planning, backlog refinement, daily standups and retrospectives.
- You will collaborate with our product management and customer success teams, either remotely or on-premises (in Liverpool or one of our other EU locations).
- On top of the above, you will perform code reviews for other team members and provide them with feedback. Quality code is key.
What We’re Looking For
Demonstrable past experience with AngularJS/Angular/React/Vue, we
currently work with AngularJS 1.x;
Experience in backend development technologies such as .net and the
desire to work in increasing these skills when required in the team
Knowledge of source control such as Git
Desire to learn and implement solutions in Azure
At least 3-5 years of relevant, commercial hands-on development experience
Experience of working in an agile environment using scrum
You have experience working on a single-page application (SPA) with
equivalent experience in an object oriented development language;
You value learning, keeping your knowledge up-to-date, and being the best
in what you do;
Enjoy the process of working as part of a team, bringing a positive,
collaborative approach to software development whilst learning from each
- Experience in working in an agile environment (scrum or kanban).
- You have worked with Git or comparable source control systems
Life at Ready
- Training opportunities with our chosen providers
- Time available during working hours to learn and develop
- A friendly environment where your thoughts and ideas will be welcomed
- Company pension;
- Company laptop and peripherals;
An international environment with experience coworkers who help you move
A lot of room for personal development and for taking your own initiatives to
be as successful as possible in this role;
Remote working environment with the option of attendance in our cozy office
in the lively knowledge quarter area of Liverpool;
- Thursday afternoons social gathering
Shoutout to all recruitment agencies trying to offer their services. Thank you for
understanding that we can hold our own. We’ve got this, so please move on and leave
us to our job.
Ready Education is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age,
marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.