Robin builds software for the workplace experience -- a proactive and human-centered approach to office design, technology, and culture to help everyone understand, use, and advance their workplace. Every day we help tens of thousands of people across thousands of organizations to find the right place to do their job effectively, better understand their office, and free up valuable space from abandoned meetings.
Robin is filled with hard-working, self-driven developers that love software craftsmanship and building experiences that thrill our customers. Were hungry to learn and we invest time in each other, working in small cross-functional teams that solve hard problems together from idea through customer adoption. We seek simplicity in everything we do. We believe incremental improvements lead to the best outcomes and aim to deliver them to our customers daily.
Were looking for someone who is excited to build the software that powers the next generation of the workplace. You are a talented problem solver who cares deeply about your customers experience. You are a strong communicator and enjoy collaborating with product management, designers, and your fellow engineers.
You are passionate about best practices, and know how to ensure your product is performant and high quality. Most importantly, you are adept at finding the iterative path forward with any problem, helping your team to build from MVP, to competence, to excellence.
What Youll Do Here
You will work closely with your teammates to solve hard problems and find simple and elegant solutions. You will improve the codebase and product by identifying best practices and new technologies, and planning how to smoothly integrate them. You will pair up, mentor, share your experience, and learn from your fellow engineers. Youll develop and style intuitive user experiences using and crafting reusable components across all of our platforms -- and write tests to ensure the ongoing quality of your teams work.
- Deep understanding of the client-side ecosystem including HTTP, TLS, web browsers and their quirks, HTML, and CSS
- 1+ years working with React
- Familiarity with Node.js and front-end build tools
- Experience building responsive web applications
- Knowledge of testing frameworks and how to write effective tests
- Experience with GraphQL a plus
- Medical PPO/HMO, FSA, and Dental Health benefit options through Blue Cross Blue Shield (100% company-funded for individuals and significantly subsidized for families)
- Short and long term disability
- Unlimited PTO (yes, we actually use it)
- Flexible work from home opportunities
- Recognition perks through Blueboard
- Trivia and game nights and other fun team building activities
We Celebrate Diversity
Our favorite thing about Robinauts is that we are all different and bring our unique self, background, and perspectives to work. On our mission to build the best workplace experience software we are also becoming the best workplace we can be by building a culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.