- Design and develop major features and capabilities in mission handling/scheduling/planning algorithms.
- Help design systems that efficiently balance and coordinate agents’ tasks and routes to meet system-level goals in highly dynamic and complex environments.
- Be instrumental in building systems which use real-time and learned information to adapt and augment agents’ workflows for maximum efficiency.
- Implement and develop multi-agent task planning and scheduling algorithms, test them in simulation and on real robots, and support deploying these capabilities to customer sites.
- Interface with enterprise software and the autonomous navigation stack to integrate your work into our overall Pivotal software architecture.
- 2+ years’ industry experience with a BS, or some experience with an MS in Computer Science, industrial Engineering or relevant engineering degree - required.
Software development experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Task allocation, resource planning, schedule optimization, multi-agent coordination, AI and/or search algorithms.
- Operation research, industrial engineering, simulation, graph theory – plus.
- Expertise in at least one of: Java (strongly preferred), C++, or Python.
- Strong analytical reasoning, organizational, communication, and prioritization skills.
- Strong technical communication & writing skills.
- Experience using Spring, Hibernate, PostgreSQL, Tomcat, Maven, and Jenkins - preferred.
- Commitment to producing high-quality code that is robust, maintainable, and testable.
Vecna Robotics is an exciting engineering startup in the process of scaling its suite of autonomous materials handling robots and orchestration software for warehousing, distribution, and manufacturing. Our technology is designed to work seamlessly with workers for safe and flexible pallet moves in dynamic environments. As a growing market leader for collaborative warehouse robots, we seek candidates who thrive on developing creative solutions to daily challenges and approach problem solving with a customer-centric point of view. Our talented and hardworking team values self-discipline, leadership, innovation, enthusiasm, and learning. We aim to work smarter, learn faster, live safer.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and celebrate diversity.