iRobot is seeking a Fleet Management Generalist/Inventory Specialist with great hands-on organizational skills. As a Fleet Management Generalist/Inventory Specialist, you will work as an integrated member of an integral product support and development team that is bringing new consumer robot products to market.
There are two essential aspects of the role:
1. As a Fleet Management Generalist, you will assist in all aspects of the daily functions of Fleet Management operations. Assisting in the process of moving robots and associated material throughout the company, assisting other members in the Fleet Management Group with assigned tasks as required. Assisting in the processing, rework and modifications to developmental robots and associated components.
2. As a Fleet Management Inventory Specialist, you will actively and accurately manage all of Fleet Management physical inventory and ensure the required items are accurately entered into a database system. This position will require exceptional organizational and time management skills. As an Inventory Specialist, you will organize and maintain a vast array of developmental and released inventory materials. You will be responsible for ensuring adequate inventory levels of materials that would affect the efficient operations of the Fleet Management lab.
The ideal candidate is thorough, and detail oriented with strong hands-on technical skills. You can work autonomously or with high level direction, and you have broad technical skills including mechanical, electrical and software as well as database entries.
Essential Functions and Duties:
4-7+ years of Warehouse & Inventory Control experience
- Actively maintain an accurate and organized inventory of all Fleet Management controlled assets
- Provide general staff support in all aspects of Fleet Management operations
- Experience using Easy Office is a huge plus - Candidates must have experience entering info into a database
- Proficient with MS Excel, MS Outlook, and MS Word
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, self-directed and comfortable working in a fast-paced agile environment where program plans, authority and responsibilities are ambiguous at times and frequently changing
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Able to regularly lift up to 20 lbs. / occasionally lift up to 40 lbs.
- Preferably candidates will have some form of experience in troubleshooting and debugging electro-mechanical equipment. Candidates should at the minimum have basic experience with common hand tools
- General understanding of various Electro-mechanical assemblies is a plus
Associates degree or equivalent relevant formal training