A bit about us:
Were on a mission to change healthcare how its paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
Thats why were gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
"We want to partner with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us."
A bit more about this role:
We are very excited to grow our membership in existing and new markets and need someone to help make sure the Finance and Accounting processes are properly set up for success during this period of explosive growth. The Finance Operations Manager will be responsible for the implementation of financial controls for new markets, vendors and processes in addition to the improvements of existing internal controls of our organization. As Devoted accelerates its growth plans, this role will be the key financial leader responsible for launching new markets. This role will report directly to the Controller.
Responsibilities will include:
- Review existing financial controls such as medical payment disbursements to identify improvements
- Serve as the Finance leader for establishing internal controls related to new vendors and payments in new markets
- Assist the Accounting team during system implementation of new markets
- Create, update and track compliance of Policies and Procedures for new financial controls
- Assist the Controller in all matters related to the application process of setting up new markets including reviewing vendor contracts, establishing bank relationships, responding to regulatory filing requests and updating internal systems.
- Liaison with multiple financial institutions to ensure the Statutory financial requirements are met in a timely manner to support regulatory approval.
- Work closely with the Legal team to create, update and track required filings as part of the regulatory approval process
- Work closely with cross-functional Project Managers to complete long-term operational improvement projects related to Finance
Attributes to success:
- Ability to independently manage multiple demands and meet short-term and long-term deadlines
- A team player who is customer-service oriented with a demonstrable track record of success / delivery in a changing and complex start-up environment
- Positive, energetic, optimistic attitude, willing to proactively roll up your sleeves
- Strong attention to detail with Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Ability to adhere to policies and procedures
- Must be analytical, hands on, and able to be a contributor on day one
- Ability to identify actions necessary to complete tasks and obtain results
- Always maintain high ethical standards, to include maintaining the confidentiality of financial and other sensitive information consistent with moral, professional and regulatory requirements
Desired skills and experience:
- Highly motivated, detail-oriented individual with a minimum of 10+ years of progressive experience in financial operations
- A Bachelors Degree in accounting or finance
- Experience with highly-regulated industries such as healthcare and insurance industries
- Intermediate proficiency with Excel (v-lookup, pivot tables, etc) and General Ledger (NetSuite) functionality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoteds Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.