The driving force behind our success has always been the people of AspenTech. What drives us, is our aspiration, our desire and ambition to keep pushing the envelope, overcoming any hurdle, challenging the status quo to continually find a better way. You will experience these qualities of passion, pride and aspiration in many ways from a rich set of career development programs to support of community service projects to social events that foster fun and relationship building across our global community.
As part of the Revenue Determination Group (RDG), the Finance Manager, reporting to the NORAM Sr. Finance Manager, will be responsible, but not limited to pre and post-sale support by directly interfacing with the domestic and international field sales and finance organizations, ensuring the correct revenue recognition guidance is applied to software licenses and other services, ensuring the transactions are recorded and properly documented consistent with the Company's revenue recognition policy. The incumbent will manage revenue related processes, deliverables, and contract reviews for the North America/Latin America (NORAM/LATAM) sales region related to license and other services agreements. The Finance Manager will work with the other cross functional members of Finance, Sales, Commercial Contracts, and Legal to assist with structuring customer agreements, including managing the agreement through the internal approval process.
- Review and approve complex, multi-element agreements to support compliance with GAAP, Companys revenue recognition policy and applicable external authoritative literature and internal guidelines
- Work with cross-functional groups to ensure that agreements are structured in a way that ensures revenue will be recognized properly while following all commercial internal policies and procedures
- Responsible for providing revenue recognition guidance from an external authoritative perspective as issues and questions arise
- Completing month-end and quarter-end deliverables including all required analysis, memos, and audit related documentation on a timely basis
- Perform special projects and analyses on an ad-hoc basis as required
- Timely and accurate completion of contract modification calculators (CMRs) and deal tie-outs
- Preparing all supporting documentation relating to bundled transactions (calculators, revenue recognition determinations, and contract reviews)
- Assists in the completion of the annual sales revenue recognition and product management training process in compliance with the companys SOX regulations
- Supports Worldwide Finance Team Director with ASC 606 compliance, including requested ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Maintaining accurate records of significant transactions, including preparation and review of the Company's deal memos for subsequent management and audit review
- Researching and concluding on revenue recognition issues, preparing memoranda, and discussing the conclusions with senior management and auditors
- Leveraging Oracle to produce required reports and elimination of stand-alone contract revenue reporting systems
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- MBA degree preferred.
- CPA strongly preferred
- Minimum 8 years of accounting experience including public accounting and/or high growth software technology company
- Minimum of 5 years of prior experience with revenue recognition in a software license and services environment. - Experience with ASC 606 and ASC 605 ( SOP 97-2, SOP 81, SAB 104 and EITF 08-1 )
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office with a heavy emphasis on Excel
- Enterprise accounting experience, preferably with Oracle and Salesforce.com experience preferred
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong work ethic, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and ability to present data in a comprehensive and articulate manner
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong communication skills required including the ability to convey information in a clear and concise