Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google, and Apple. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
The Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team partners with business leaders throughout Lookout to drive financial and strategic decisions. We provide analysis and conduct financial reviews of a wide range of business issues and manage financial processes such as planning, forecasting, reporting and tracking.
In this individual contributor role you are expected to be the finance business partner to the Sales and Marketing VPs and their teams. This includes coordinating various planning cycles, tracking expense performance, developing and improving forecasts, understanding the commission plan and its impacts, and providing guidance on finance and accounting matters.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Partner with our Sales and Marketing leaders. Provide financial guidance through well thought out reporting and analytics, financial modeling, driving investment scenario analytics and other consultative financial support.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships and collaboration across leaders in Sales, Marketing, Customer Success and Finance, influencing leaders across the organization, collaborating with cross-functional teams to find solutions to challenges in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Prepare executive level presentations and present complex analytical findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Participate in the annual planning budget process. Work with Functional Heads and Team Leads to create a plan that is realistic and meets company financial goals while understanding their priorities, issues, and objectives.
- Review the monthly expense forecast and actuals with Sales and Marketing VPs. Achieve a high degree of forecast accuracy.
- Review and approve all purchase requisitions on a timely basis, ensuring that they are being charged to the right department/account, have the correct payment method, and are in the fiscal plan.
- Ensure that all hiring plans are within the current forecast. Review any adjustments that need to be made that impact financials. Coordinate with the HR business partner to ensure that Finance and HR are aligned on headcount planning.
- Understand the company commissions plan and provide guidance to sales operations and sales management. Calculate monthly commissions accrual based on plan knowledge and sales bookings information. Perform analysis of sales attainment, including benchmarking of similar companies.
- Support any ad-hoc requests. This can include planning scenarios, expense calculators, detailed analysis of various expense areas to look for trends and opportunities for improvement and other relevant requests.
Desired skills and experience:
- Bachelors degree; Finance or Accounting preferred; Masters degree a plus
- 8+ years professional FP&A experience
- Experience at a SaaS company
- Sales and Marketing business partner experience
- Steadfast business professional who can walk the line between being a partner to the business and being a financial steward of the company
- Superior problem-solving skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Able to perform deep dives into the underlying assumptions and quantitative details of all analyses, as well as step back and make recommendations based on the insights you develop.
- Ability to step back and look at the big picture. Optimize processes by looking at what should be done, not what has always been done.