If you ever wanted to be on the ground floor of a well-funded, rapidly growing Series C start-up that is disrupting a 5.7Tn market, now is the time to join Takeoff Technologies! We are a 250 person global company transforming online grocery for consumers & retailers. Takeoff's solution offers automated fullfillment coupled with an end-to-end e-Grocery technology stack, enabling retailers to offer their shoppers the assortment and low prices of stores, with convenient mobile ordering and same day pickup or delivery.
Our eGrocery solution was created with the grocer and the shopper in mind. Grocery is an incredibly complex industry, and our products are unlike any other: they are low value, perishable, heavy, and low-margin. Our automated solution is flexible enough to manage these complexities allowing us to ensure the correct picking method for the correct product!
Excited about potentially joining this rocketship to help us bridge the gap between retail and technology? Looking to make an impact daily and help us disrupt a hundred year old industry? If so, continue reading!
Please note that if you dont necessarily meet all of the requirement's that are listed in the job description below, we still encourage you to apply for the opening. We strongly believe that skills and competencies show up in lots of different ways and we are always looking for individuals who can bring new ideas and fresh perspectives to the table at Takeoff!
We are looking for a Field Operations Site Lead to work hand in hand with our client sites to support and develop their MFCs (Micro Fulfillment Centers). This person will be a subject matter expert who ensures we are building best in class automated operations that bridge the gap between manual and machine driven workflows.
Please note that due to the nature of this job, we will need this person to spend 50-70% of their time on site at our MFC in Chicago, IL.
This is exciting because you will have the chance to:
- Coach and partner with MFC Managers on effective warehouse management, building good habits that lend to operational excellence, and how to balance activity flows within the building
- Support our sites through new software deploys, updated process rollouts, enhanced trainings and all other issues that could impact workflow
- Dive quickly and deeply into observations in the field, creating action plans to address operational issues in coordination with internal and external operations teams
- Lead client site team through optimization/improvement initiatives; translate high level business objectives into tangible, digestible, hands on processes for operators
- Work proactively to ensure best practices are shared and upheld across entire client operations team as well as across the Takeoff organization
- Lead documentation of existing processes and SOPs and as we evolve to implement new processes/SOPs
- Work cross-functionally with Ops, Product and Engineering to ensure process flows and instructions are clear, digestible, replicable and scalable
The experience you will bring to the table:
- Ability and willingness to travel 50-70% of the time
- Strong problem solving & troubleshooting skills
- Experience leading optimization & improvement initiatives
- Experience leading, driving & implementing new processes to help increase overall operational efficiency & eliminate any bottlenecks or current gaps
- Experience testing software / hardware strongly preferred
- Experience in warehousing and/or automation strongly preferred
Still need more convincing as to why you should go ahead and apply? Take a look at what our employees are saying here https://www.takeoff.com/career about what the experience and day to day is like at Takeoff!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our culture revolves around our core values of respect, initiative, collaboration, adaptability and diversity. As people, we value hard work, but we balance it with socializing as a team, respecting our time outside of work, and appreciating our coworkers unique walks of life.
Takeoff is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Learn more at www.takeoff.com. We believe that diversity is critical to the growth of our company; we foster an environment where everyone has a voice and views the Takeoff team as their second family.