If you ever wanted to be on the ground floor of a well-funded, rapidly growing Series C start-up that is disrupting a 5.7Tn market, now is the time to join Takeoff Technologies! We are a ~250+ (and growing!) person global company transforming online grocery for consumers & retailers. Takeoff's solution offers automated fulfillment coupled with an end-to-end e-Grocery technology stack, enabling retailers to offer their shoppers the assortment and low prices of stores, with convenient mobile ordering and same day pickup or delivery.
Our eGrocery solution was created with the grocer and the shopper in mind. Grocery is an incredibly complex industry, and our products are unlike any other: they are low value, perishable, heavy, and low-margin. Our automated solution is flexible enough to manage these complexities allowing us to ensure the correct picking method for the correct product!
Excited about potentially joining this rocketship to help us bridge the gap between retail and technology? Looking to make an impact daily and help us disrupt a hundred year old industry? If so, continue reading!
Please note that if you don't necessarily meet all of the requirements listed in the job description below, we still encourage you to apply. We strongly believe that skills and competencies show up in lots of different ways and we are always looking for individuals who can bring new ideas to the table at Takeoff. Secondly, we value diverse perspectives and are fully committed to creating an inclusive environment where employees can bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As a Field Automation Technician, you will be expected to provide industrial electrical/mechanical/automation expertise, working on highly automated storage and retrieval systems, conveyor systems and picking stations. Our main focus is working towards maximizing equipment utilization and efficiency through defined preventative maintenance practices.
Please note that this is a field role so due to the location of our MFC, we will need this person to be physically based in the Chicago, IL area or surrounding locations to be within a commutable driving distance to our sites on a daily basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Rectify electro-mechanical faults and specialist technical assistance as a support technician
- Respond to emergency calls on Customer sites
- Be safety conscious in all activities, demonstrate a track record of owning problems and promote successful completion of the tasks
- Provide first-class response to Customer, ensuring as reasonably and practical as possible a first-time right policy
- Create strong effective working relationships with Customer and Takeoffs Account Managers and Operations team to achieve performance in terms of expected output, speed of response, quality of repair and standards of workmanship
- Training of customers maintenance team as required
- Maintain quality of service by ensuring good quality communications with customers
- Ensure that reports are well written and legible in each CMMS entry
- Execution of site quality procedures, safety procedures, and any statutory procedures
- Ensure that all spare parts usage issues are logged appropriately and spare parts are ordered to keep a full inventory
- Ensure proper care and maintenance of the tooling and equipment supplied
- Ability to work against a timeframe to complete reactive repairs
- Interact with on-site management keeping them informed of repair and maintenance progression and addressing their concerns in a professional manner
- Ability to appreciate health & safety considerations with regard to given tasks and to carry out risk assessments
- Ability to operate hand tools and be able to assemble parts onto equipment
- Appreciation of cultural diversity is a must!
- Degree in Electrical, Automation or Mechanical Preferred
- 3 - 8 years of experience as Maintenance Repairman, Maintenance Electrician, Machine Repairman, or Industrial Maintenance Engineering
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Process-oriented mentality
- Hands-on, team oriented and committed to improvement processes
- Experience in reducing costs through processes and efficiencies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Competitive & comprehensive benefits package that we offer:
- Top salary with yearly bonus incentives based on individual and company performance
- Unlimited PTO to ensure our team takes the necessary time off to recharge and be as productive as possible when they come back to work(this is very important to us)
- 12 weeks of paid baby bonding leave for both parents
- Tuition Reimbursement
- A continued focus and emphasis on work / life balance
- Health, Dental and Vision plans
- 401(K) plan with a 5% company match(kicks in day one!)
- Flexible spending/dependent care accounts
- Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability
- Annual Fitness Reimbursement of $300
Still need more convincing as to why you should go ahead and apply? Take a look at what our employees are saying here https://www.takeoff.com/career about what the experience and day to day is like at Takeoff!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our culture revolves around our core values of respect, initiative, collaboration, adaptability and diversity. As people, we value hard work, but we balance it with socializing as a team, respecting our time outside of work, and appreciating our coworkers unique walks of life.
Takeoff is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Learn more at www.takeoff.com. We believe that diversity is critical to the growth of our company; we foster an environment where everyone has a voice and views the Takeoff team as their second family.