If you ever wanted to be on the ground floor of a well-funded, rapidly growing Series C start-up that is disrupting a 5.7Tn market, now is the time to join Takeoff Technologies! We are a 265(and growing!) person global company transforming online grocery for consumers & retailers. Takeoff's solution offers automated fullfillment coupled with an end-to-end e-Grocery technology stack, enabling retailers to offer their shoppers the assortment and low prices of stores, with convenient mobile ordering and same day pickup or delivery.
Our eGrocery solution was created with the grocer and the shopper in mind. Grocery is an incredibly complex industry, and our products are unlike any other: they are low value, perishable, heavy, and low-margin. Our automated solution is flexible enough to manage these complexities allowing us to ensure the correct picking method for the correct product!
Excited about potentially joining this rocketship to help us bridge the gap between retail and technology? Looking to make an impact daily and help us disrupt a hundred year old industry? If so, continue reading!
Please note that if you dont necessarily meet all of the requirement's that are listed in the job description below, we still encourage you to apply. We strongly believe that skills and competencies show up in lots of different ways and we are always looking for individuals who can bring new ideas to the table at Takeoff. Secondly, we value diverse perspectives and are fully committed to creating an inclusive environment where each and every employee can bring their authentic selves to work every day.
The Automation Technician will be working within a 24/7 warehouse/logistics environment providing operations and maintenance services to support industrial robotics. The technician will serve as a primary on-site resource for supporting fulfillment operations, conducting planned preventative maintenance, and completing emergency repairs on our hardware solution. The technician will perform maintenance on an ASRS (Automated Storage and Retrieval System) installation which includes shuttles, lifts, chain-drives, rack and pinion power trains, end of arm tooling, motorized conveyors, safety + PLC wiring
The Automation Technician is required to have a basic understanding of mechanical and electrical systems and components, as well as, a fundamental understanding of the tools and processes required to complete maintenance and repair activities.
Interested in hearing from one of our very own Automation Technician's? If so, read on!
"One of the things I really enjoy about working with Takeoff is the opportunity to work for a company which is on the forefront of the eGrocery solution. At Takeoff its never a dull moment, whether its supporting a software deployment or troubleshooting an equipment issue, its this type of environment that keeps the cogs moving and the days interesting. Im proud to work for a company that believes in diversity, teamwork and is always challenging as we move into the future of shopping. Go Takeoff!"
Please note that while this person can be located anywhere in MA or CT, our MFC is located in Chicopee MA, therefore you will need to be within a daily commute of that location.
This is exciting because you will have the chance to:
- Provide on-site support, coaching, and training for retail partner employed operations teams on proper use of automation hardware/ software. This consists of monitoring for issues and coaching retailer teams on error handling which might also require remote support.
- Perform preventative and corrective mainenance on robotic systems and associated components
- Work with automation manufacturers to maintain service records of robotic equipment or automated production systems.
- Troubleshoot robotic systems using knowledge of microprocessors, programmable controllers, electronics, circuit analysis, mechanics, sensor or feedback systems, hydraulics or pneumatics
- Troubleshoot/diagnose issues with programmable logic controllers, robot controllers, end-of-arm tools and/or conveyors. Identify & replace/repair any faulty/worn component as required
- Respond to emergency service requests
- Be responsible for delivering high quality service and customer satisfaction, as well as, working well with the team and providing support/ coverage as per business needs.
- Be responsible for organizing and maintaining spare parts area and ensuring that inventory is accurate and proper stock levels maintained
Some of the experience you will bring to the table:
- Skilled in the safe and proper use of a wide variety of mechanical and electrical tools to aid them in the operation, troubleshooting, and preventative maintenance of these systems and equipment. Examples include torque wrenches, mechanical assembly, soldering iron, trummeter(tension meter), oscilloscope and various power and voltage meters.
- Testing familiarity and willingness to learn. Attitude that is open to alternative approaches to problem solving in relation to environmental, longevity and other similar testing activities.
- Basic understanding of the complete development lifecycle, from design implementation, testing, qualification through provisioning..
- Experience managing a team of technicians
- Ability to work independently and without supervision but always providing a high level of support.
- Experience and certification for up to 480v strongly preferred.
The reasons you will love working at Takeoff(to name a few!):
- We're a successful, rapidly-growing startup with an entrepreneurial vibe
- We're disrupting the eGrocery industry with our innovative business model
- We're passionate about what we do
- We get to be creative on a daily basis
- You'll work with a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right, and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy, and reward those who take initiative
- We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We have fun!
- We are committed to building a highly diverse and inclusive culture and environment
Competitive & comprehensive benefits package that we offer:
- Top salary with yearly bonus incentives based on individual and company performance
- Unlimited PTO to ensure our team takes the necessary time off to recharge and be as productive as possible when they come back to work(this is very important to us)
- 12 weeks of paid baby bonding leave for both parents
- Tuition Reimbursement
- A continued focus and emphasis on work / life balance
- Health, Dental and Vision plans
- 401(K) plan with a 5% company match(kicks in day one!)
- Flexible spending/dependent care accounts
- Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability
- Annual Fitness Reimbursement of $300
Still need more convincing as to why you should go ahead and apply? Take a look at what our employees are saying here https://www.takeoff.com/career about what the experience and day to day is like at Takeoff!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our culture revolves around our core values of respect, initiative, collaboration, adaptability and diversity. As people, we value hard work, but we balance it with socializing as a team, respecting our time outside of work, and appreciating our coworkers unique walks of life.
Takeoff is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Learn more at www.takeoff.com. We believe that diversity is critical to the growth of our company; we foster an environment where everyone has a voice and views the Takeoff team as their second family.