Reporting to the Manager, Technical Delivery Application, the FICO Rules Developer is responsible to build, deploy and test Rules Engine based API and Rules Sets. This role is critical to the design, analysis, implementation and maintenance for Rules based setup. Key to this role will be meeting business rules specifications validating rules against the object model and data model analysis for potential changes to rules from a technical perspective. The FICO Rules Developer helps to ensure the successful completion of projects that are initiated in support of Altruista’s GuidingCare® platform.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support new clients as the leading Solution Architect through requirements gathering, analysis and design, and implementation guidance.
- Provide technical expertise in analyzing client’s requirements, recommending solutions, and assisting sales and other engineers with development of proposals, quotations, and presentations.
- Work closely with business partners and business technology to understand project requirements.
- Involved in performance tuning of the rules to speed up the rule execution process when dealing with large sets of data.
- Translate the business requirement into appropriate format as Business Rule Catalog
- Analyze business rules to determine best implementation in and/or outside RMA.
- Contribute to adherence of development guidelines/standards and process while developing template and text rules using Structured Rule Language SRL.
- Use decision entities like Rule Flows, Rule Set, Functions and Decision Table Metaphor in rule development.
- Create/harvest Blaze Advisor Templates to implement specific pieces of business logic to increase efficiency and ensure consistency.
- Create/review test cases by mocking the data using BR-unit in blaze advisor.
- Develop and document high-level project solutions using the client architecture standards based on complex business cases and requirements.
- Support the full life cycle from client needs analysis, through design, build migration and go live.
- Articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users.
- Offer expert advice on application solutions including assisting with planning and architectural design, development, and resolution of technical issues.
- Own and aggressively drive forward specific areas of technology architecture. Provide architectural solutions/designs to project execution teams for implementation.
- Manage work completion to engineering milestones by ensuring that development, integration, test and production environments are all in sync; implement revision change control.
- Experience across all phases of the SDLC and Agile software development practices
- Perform design responsibilities including determining the best patterns to use for each integration scenario to gain the best performance, reusability and maintainability.
- Enhance coding standards, development guidelines and delivery practices for efficiency.
- Other job duties as assigned
The Solution Architect will be responsible is not a supervisor, however, will interact with key stakeholders and lead project work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field.
- Master’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of Information technology experience, including architecture and design/implementation experience.
- 5+ years of related experience or equivalent overall experience typically gained through business rules programming experience
- 2+ years of client-facing experience.
- 3+ years of application architecture design and/or product development experience.
- Ability to translate business requirements and design the necessary interfaces between core enterprise systems.
- Solid understanding of delivery methodology and lead teams in the implementation of the solution according to the design/architecture.
- Good foundation with a strong knowledge of object-oriented programming principles and object-oriented Design.
- Strong ability in communicating with Project Development Team and prioritizing workload.
- Self-Motivated with good team attitude, detail-oriented, organized and take keen interest in problem-solving and trouble-shooting challenges.
- Experience, interest and adaptability to work in agile delivery environment for application process development.
- Knowledge of Big Data, SQL database design and implementation is a plus.
- Experience with SQL database implementations.
- Demonstrable Enterprise Architecture planning and design skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills: the ability to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Experienced with WSO2 or Azure API Manager, ESB, or DSS
- Hands on experience in designing and developing high volume web services using API Protocols and Data Formats (REST, JSON, SOAP & XML).
- Experience with FICO Blaze Advisor 6.5.3/6.8/6.10.1/7.2, Eclipse 3.6.2 ,MS Visual Studio 2010/2008/2005, C .Net, VB.Net, ADO.Net, ASP.Net 4.0/3.5/2.0
- Experience in securing APIs using OAuth, SAML, Open ID Connect etc.
- Experience with deployment & testing tools such as Jenkins, VSTS, Git, NUint
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Tasks involve some physical effort, i.e. some standing and walking, or frequent light lifting (5-10 lb.); minimal dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body in the operation of office equipment. Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard and extended periods of sitting at a workstation or desk.
- Sound perception and discrimination
- Visual perception and discrimination
- Oral communications ability
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The tasks will generally be performed in a typical office environment.
While our headquartered office is located in Reston Virginia, you may live anywhere in the U.S. to apply for this position.
Altruista will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Altruista is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer