The Motional global headquarters are located at 100 Northern Avenue in Boston, MA. Nestled in the busting Seaport district with sweeping views of Boston Harbor and downtown Boston, the offices are located close to major transit lines and a quick walk to various restaurants and popular attractions.
Motional is looking for a highly experienced, proven expert to function as Architect of our Autonomy Platform. The Autonomy Platform provides essential tools and frameworks to support the entire lifecycle of machine learning, from data mining and annotation, large scale training and evaluation frameworks to efficient neural net inference runtimes for onboard execution and simulation. The platform team is growing 2-fold this year, and is building a lot of new critical components for the organization. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced architect to have a foundational impact on a critical part of Motionals self-driving car technology.
What You'll Be Doing
- Define the strategic vision and execution roadmap of the Autonomy Platform architecture together with our Platform lead and senior leadership.
- Review and advice on software designs and project plans.
- Formulate process to ensure work quality remains high and that we are maintaining a sound software architecture foundation.
- Lead tiger teams to design and implement critical projects.
- Mentor junior colleagues.
- Support hiring and interviewing for key roles on the team.
- Serve as a visible technology thought leader in the industry.
What We're Looking For
- 15+ years strong meaningful individual contributor experience as a software engineer in a Linux environment
- Experience in driving technical strategy and vision for engineering teams and organizations
- Advanced knowledge of at least one of our core programming language: Python & C#.
- Experience in designing strategic roadmaps for cloud solutions, exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms).
- Experience with large-scale distributed relational and NoSQL database systems ( (MySQL, mongoDB, etc)
- Significant experience with AWS, GCP or Azure. Familiarity with fundamental strengths and weaknesses in each product offering.
Bonus Points (not required)
- Experience with building infrastructure for Machine Learning including basic knowledge of TensorFlow, Pytorch or other Deep Learning framework.