We are seeking an Events Manager with tradeshow planning and management experience to execute on large (1000sqft - 2500sqft) activations at a handful of industry shows per year. In addition, you would support our global network of resellers with resources, tools and guidance to extend our brand and generate leads.
Located 30 minutes outside of Boston, Desktop Metal is reinventing the way metal and composite parts are produced - from prototyping through mass production. Founded with the mission to make additive manufacturing accessible to engineers and designers, Desktop Metal offers multiple revolutionary 3D printing systems, addressing the need for easy-to-use, cost-effective, and scalable 3D printing. In addition to this, our software solutions elevate the additive manufacturing industry at every step in the fabrication process. In 2021, Desktop Metal expanded its reach to polymer printing with the acquisition of EnvisionTEC and launched Forust, a division focused on sustainable wood 3d printing.
The marketing team is responsible for developing and executing on go-to-market strategies for new product releases, brand and messaging integration of companies and technologies post acquisition and building and maintaining brand awareness for our multiple product lines and solutions. In addition, marketing produces both written and video content for the entire marketing/sales funnel from developing example engineering applications and product marketing materials, to drafting customer case studies and technical whitepapers. Team members are multi-disciplined and can quickly shift focus as projects and product launches dictate.
- Oversee a budget of around 1M per year and track all invoices and expenses
- Develop yearly events strategy for 3-4 shows in conjunction with company leadership
- Plan, organize, and manage our presence at some of the largest trade shows, including strategy, staffing, logistics, housing, and contract negotiations with partner agencies
- Be responsible for upward of 30-40 employees during the duration of a tradeshow
- Produce detailed training and information documentation to align staff and stakeholder prior and during show run.
- Manage and track all digital and physical tools and resources, including lead gen equipment/software, display equipment, and collateral
- Manage participation of external stakeholders (users, vendors) and internal stakeholders across the business, from product, design, marketing and sales to leverage their expertise and participation.
- Work with the rest of the marketing team on the strategy and execution of pre, during and post event brand awareness and lead generation goals, including promotional campaigns, collateral, and swag
- Help manage virtual events/ webinars, both internally and with partners
- Support partners with training and resources for their events (equipment, collateral, swag)
Qualifications and skills:
- Experience planning, creating, budgeting and executing on large scale events
- Willing and able to travel domestically and internationally and spend upward of 1.5 weeks at a time on the road
- Experience implementing and tracking promotion and lead generation efforts related to events
- Able to multi-task and project manage multiple events at one time
- Adaptable and creative- able to develop contingency plans and react calmly under pressure
Nice to have:
- Prior experience in manufacturing hardware or software industries
- Experience working with 3PL companies both domestically and internationally
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.