ERP Applications Product Owner, Business Applications
At Skillsoft, we are all about making work matter. We believe every team member has the potential to be AMAZING. We are bold, sharp, driven and most of all, real. Join us in our quest to democratize learning and help individuals unleash their edge.
As an ERP Applications Product Owner for Business Applications, you will be collaborating with stakeholders and agile teams to create a compelling shared ERP and HCM vision, and prioritizing work to achieve that vision. You will work closely with other product owners and stakeholders to influence strategic decisions and the broader roadmap. You will provide summaries for management and executive leadership review, as needed.
Our ideal Product Owner has led large-scale ERP and HCM implementations, is an analytical thinker, a self-starter willing to drive change, has strong attention to detail, and clearly communicates complex concepts to technical and functional audiences.
You will work closely with development teams located in the US, EMEA and APAC.
The Product Owner is familiar with a variety of agile concepts, ceremonies, and practices. The product owner relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish each sprint. The product owner performs a variety of tasks where a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
· Create and continually refine a shared product vision, direction, prioritization and roadmap for the agile team.
- Continuously drive alignment of the vision with business stakeholders
- Realize vision by translating business requirements into actionable user stories for the development team.
· Use key business metrics and KPI's to measure progress and pivot as necessary.
· Ensure agile values, principles and best practices are practiced in the team.
· Provide transparency into backlog and progress.
· Lead the team to ensure the focus is on key priorities and there is alignment to achieve business outcomes.
· Facilitate meetings / workshops to create a shared understanding with stakeholders and engage team members to gather requirements and turn them into user stories.
- Work in a collaborative manner with other product owners, stakeholders, and teams. Provides and influences stakeholders through strong leadership skills and provide decision making with business and technical teams.
- Clearly communicate direction and priorities across all stakeholders
· Coordinate with internal resources and /or third-party vendors for sprint execution as needed.
- Validate delivered work against acceptance criteria and agreed upon definition of done.
- Demonstrate flexibility as business priorities change.
· Use and continually develop leadership skills and attend training as required to maintain agile PO proficiency and best practices.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
· 5+ years of product owner experience as a Product Owner partnering with multiple functional groups to identify, prioritize, and implement incremental improvements to business-critical processes, focused to ERP Implementation, Upgrade etc.
- Expert in leading digital transformation projects in Finance and HR, from ERP implementations to robotic process automation.
- Experience in Merger and Acquisitions is an added advantage.
- Experience with a SaaS application preferably as part of ERP – Financial Applications, HR, Payroll etc.,
· Detailed working knowledge of the General Ledger including consolidations and budgeting: Receivables including Credit & Collections and Revenue Recognition and Project Accounting including the tracking and billing process.
· Significant domain knowledge is preferred in Salesforce.com, Coupa, Concur, and associated business applications.
· Experience successfully delivering functional and impactful products in an Agile environment; knowledge and application of Agile process and principles.
· Experience creating and using metrics and KPI’s.
· Experience with Vendor Management and Vendor platform selection is an added advantage.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with diverse groups, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
· Experience working with internal and external team members in an Agile environment.
· Experience with Agile management tools such as JIRA preferred.
Adaptable and Agile. We reward risk taking.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. We commit to be the brand.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. We stay curious.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. We unleash our edge together.
Authentic & Customer Centric. We get real.
MORE ABOUT SKILLSOFT:
Skillsoft delivers online learning, training, and talent solutions to help organizations unleash their edge. Leveraging immersive, engaging content, Skillsoft enables organizations to unlock the potential in their best assets – their people – and build teams with the skills they need for success. Empowering 36 million learners and counting, Skillsoft democratizes learning through an intelligent learning experience and a customized, learner-centric approach to skills development with resources for Leadership Development, Business Skills, Technology & Development, Digital Transformation, and Compliance.
Skillsoft and SumTotal are partners to thousands of leading global organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies. The company features three award-winning systems that support learning, performance, and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio intelligent learning experience platform, and the SumTotal suite for Talent Development, which offers measurable impact across the entire employee lifecycle. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we would love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired because of the referral or through other means.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law.