The Team: We are seeking a Sales Development Representative to join the Enterprise Sales Team. The primary function of this role will be to partner with Enterprise Sales Executives, drive and nurture prospect engagement, and assist in the sales cycle of athenahealths full portfolio. This role requires strategic and strong critical thinking skills in order to gain access to executives at multi-billion-dollar healthcare organizations. You will receive unique mentor experience partnering 1-to-1 with enterprise-level sale executives.
70% Outreach Responsibilities
- Articulate athenahealths value to potential prospects via various outlets, including phone, online and in-person
- Research and understand the complexities and trends in healthcare
- Develop territory strategy to penetrate market
- Help create and leverage existing marketing programs, such as events and webinars, to engage potential prospects
- Develop and implement new and creative outreach strategies
- Ensure quality of opportunities and leads so they become forecasted in pipeline
- Share market feedback with Sales Executives
- Nurture relationships with prospects to build sales pipeline
30% Sales Operations
- Consistently track all outreach in Salesforce
- Leverage internal and external resources to generate new leads
- Attend industry events and dinner seminars
- Bachelors degree required
- 2+ years of corporate work experience; 2+ years of sales experience required
- Working knowledge of Salesforce
- Strong business acumen
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills- both written and verbal
- Strong presentation and professionalism (both on the phone and in person)
- A team player and positive attitude
- Ability to understand a full-cycle sales process
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Mastery of all Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support (We were named one of the 2018 Best Workplaces for Commuters!), collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.