Bloomberg Enterprise Data (ED) is experiencing a prolonged period of unprecedented growth. Our Data and Technology solutions focus upon the acquisition, organization and distribution of data around financial firms.
Metadata Management Team:
In this role you will be working with the Bloomberg Data Dictionary team. We are in midst of taking our metadata models to the next level. The goal is to promote use of our data by both clients and internal applications. This person will have a high level of business, communication, and technology skills, so that they can create working prototypes, and work effectively with internal stakeholders and clients.
We wish to enhance our metadata taxonomies and structures by hiring an experienced Metadata Product Manager, who is familiar with specifying, and using large structured data models and data sets to solve complex business demands.
In this exciting role we expect you to work in semantic media technologies, and generate ontologies and vocabularies that describe our data. The meta-data should be easily consumable by modern technology systems including Hypermedia Applications, internal APIs and graph modelling tools.
You will present the output of your data design to business users (both non-technical and technical). You will be a key person in shaping the product offering and the customer experience.
In this exciting role we expect you to be highly interested in financial services industry and have understanding of different asset classes.
What's in it for you:
- An influential business role within a fast growing area.
- Broad scope to design and specify meta-data products for the company.
We'll trust you to:
- Evaluate what is possible and viable.
- Take responsibility for Bloomberg wide ontologies and taxonomies
- Work with Engineering, Sales, and Clients.
You need to have:
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Well-versed in Linked Data, Metadata, SPARQL, OWL, Knowledge Representation, Web Standards, W3C, -Digital Libraries, Resource Description Framework (RDF), Semantic Technologies, Ontologies & taxonomies
The ability to address multiple priorities in an extremely fast-paced environment.
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of Market Data and Reference Data.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More Jobs From