At Cogo Labs, we build startup companies from scratch.
We're not venture capitalists. We're a collaborative team of engineers, analysts, and entrepreneurs using innovative tools, big data, and intellectual curiosity to build a platform that spins up successful online businesses, fast.
As an Engineering Support Specialist, you will be tasked with supporting our internal customers. Your passion for teamwork and collaboration will be highlighted as you work with the Engineering Support team to monitor and maintain various pieces of the infrastructure used by our teams as they grow inside the incubator. You will serve as front-line support for any problems the teams have, including triaging tickets and escalating issues. You will be tasked with monitoring our infrastructure and server health with DataDog, troubleshooting technical issues in our production systems, and building tools to automate and streamline processes using Go and Python. We're not looking for a specific set of hard skills, but the tenacity to learn as you go and the analytical mindset to do it quickly.
What to expect from Cogo:
- Near obsessive use of data to inform business decisions. We believe that efficient growth happens when we make every decision based on solid, well directed analysis.
- Unmatched opportunity. We believe in mentoring people to grow as quickly as they can. Today's new grad hires are tomorrow's trail blazers.
- Flexibility and novelty. Your role will define itself over time, as you identify the problems that you are uniquely capable of solving.
- A fun, supportive culture. Happy employees are the most successful. We take care of our own, and not just because it's good business.
- The ability to take big swings. We are a successful company today due to the great ideas that have been generated and executed by our phenomenal Cogo team
- You have the tenacity to learn as you go and the analytical mindset to do it quickly.
- You've been in technical support role before and/or have experience answering inquiries and tickets from internal customers
- You are organized, detail-oriented, and always follows through on things that need to get done
- You are curious and passionate about architecting and building highly scalable, distributed systems
- You enjoy identifying processes and functions that automation can solve
- You have a focus on customer satisfaction and are driven to exceed expectations to provide a positive experience
- You have great attention to detail and do not let important details slip through the cracks
- You are comfortable working in a dynamic, agile, team-oriented environment; Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions; enjoys working in and thrives in a rapidly changing environment; willing to join on-call rotation after training
If you're reading this and questioning whether you should apply, apply! There's no such thing as a perfect candidate, and we don't expect you to check every box. We're inspired by the uniqueness that people like you bring to the table. The companies that we incubate are only as innovative as the breadth of lived experiences shared by the teams building them. We can't wait to read your application!
Cogo Labs is an equal opportunity employer and individuals seeking employment with us are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cogo Labs Leadership Principles
1. Take Big Swings
Thinking small is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Leaders strive to spend their time exclusively on whats important, and they shed the rest. They seek out the highest return on their teams time and effort.
2. Data Driven
Leaders work backwards from the solution to generate plans. They use data to be sure their time and effort are always leveraged at the most impactful work. They admit when they are wrong and use the data to eliminate their blind spots.
3. Make Moonshine
Leaders create value from spare and under-utilized parts. Theyre resourceful and tenacious. They expect and require innovation and invention from their teams, and they find ways to simplify. They are situationally aware; they look for good ideas from anywhere.
4. Insist on the Highest Standards
Leaders keep the standards relentlessly high. They demand high quality products, services, and processes because they deliver high quality products, services, and processes. Leaders solve root problems and ensure that when problems get fixed, they stay fixed.
5. Bias for Action
Leaders run everywhere they go. Many decisions and actions are reversible and dont need extensive study. Leaders value calculated risk taking because they know that in business, speed wins.
6. Have Integrity; Earn Trust
Leaders listen attentively, speak candidly, and treat others respectfully. They are vocally self-critical, even when doing so is difficult or embarrassing. Leaders are not arrogant. They benchmark themselves against the best and identify their gaps.
7. Hire and Develop the Best
Leaders raise the bar with every hire and promotion. They want to work with other leaders. They recognize exceptional talent and enthusiastically propel them throughout the organization. Leaders are serious about their role in coaching others.
Leaders think long-term and dont sacrifice long-term value for short-term results. They own all the inputs to their business. They act on behalf of the entire company, beyond just their own team.
9. Disagree and Commit
Leaders respectfully challenge decisions when they disagree, even when doing so is uncomfortable or awkward. They have conviction; they do not compromise in the name of social niceties. Once a decision is reached, they commit wholly.
10. Dive Deep
Leaders operate at once with immense perspective and granular detail. No task is beneath them. They audit frequently, and they are skeptical when metrics and anecdote differ.
11. Deliver Results
Leaders focus their time on the key drivers for their business. They pursue them obsessively to deliver results with the right quality and in a timely fashion. They rise to the occasion and never compromise.