Our Software Engineers tackle some of the world's most interesting and important technical challenges. Recruiting is a key driver of Bloomberg Engineering's success. We take great pride in attracting, assessing and impressing the best engineers on the market and placing them in roles where they'll make an impact.
The technical recruiting landscape is quite competitive -- we're not the only company looking for top talent. We're constantly striving to identify and engage a larger, more diverse pool of candidates to grow our world class engineering department and build and advance new solutions for the Bloomberg Terminal and our wider suite of products.
That's where you come in. Working in a fast-paced environment, you'll partner with senior recruiters and engineering hiring managers to develop and execute creative sourcing strategies.
We'll trust you to:
- Work closely with recruiters and hiring managers to deeply understand requirements of the roles & teams you're sourcing for, and how they fit into the organization
- Develop and implement innovative and proven sourcing strategies, leveraging all available resources
- Build a strong, diverse pipeline of highly qualified, passive candidates through direct sourcing activities
- Screen profiles/resumes and conduct intake calls to better understand candidate background & motivations
- Pitch sourced (screened) candidates to recruiting team to identify opportunities that are most aligned to candidate skills, interests, and career goals
- Ensure hiring managers have access to a diverse slate of candidates
- Always provide a high-touch candidate experience
- Regularly track pipeline activity to share with internal stakeholders and use data to measure the success and impact of your recruitment efforts
- Know what is happening in the external market
- Make at least two hires / month
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 2 years of technical sourcing experience (agency or internal) using Boolean, LinkedIn and other search techniques
- A track record of filling engineering roles quickly with highly qualified candidates
- Proven organizational skills, attention to detail and able to prioritize in an environment with many competing demands
- Strong relationship management and negotiation skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working in a fast paced high volume environment
We'd love to see:
- A team player who's self-aware, acts with integrity and values diversity
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, feel free to learn more about our engineering organization here: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/. Please note that this is a 12 month contract position with the opportunity to be hired permanently.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More Jobs From