Owl Labs is looking to hire an Engineering Program Manager who will drive teams starting from the big picture, down to the details, to deliver complex and strategic cross-functional projects, often with tight deadlines. You are a bridge and a connector for the company. You are focused, driven, organized, insightful and productive. You understand how different teams in an organization interact and ensure teams are working together and effectively, building trust throughout the company.
You are not afraid to be direct, but you strive to act with empathy and integrity.
What Youll Do
- Manage cross-functional teams to deliver cutting edge meeting collaboration HW and SW products. Drive EVT, DVT, PVT, and product validation with internal HW engineering teams, SW engineering teams, data center teams, and ODM engineering teams.
- Understand technical implementation at a high-level and propose technical alternatives when necessary. Ask questions that clarify priorities and push the team to be highly effective.
- Drive detailed technical problem solving for the cross-functional teams and track progress against the plans.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop strategic initiatives and then work to evolve those initiatives into detailed programs/ project plans (including roadmaps, budget, and resource planning).
- Continuously improve and scale the organization by capturing lessons learned, acting on them and communicating them out for new projects.
- Manage budget and drive program communications across leadership and cross-functional teams.
- Interface with engineering managers and engineers to estimate work efforts, define milestones and manage resources. Track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks and communicate status to upper management and project stakeholders.
- Proactively drive results by identifying communication gaps, managing escalations and providing support to teams.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical/computer engineering or equivalent experience.
- Total Industry experience of 15+ years with a minimum of 3 yrs experience validation, design, and debug of the chips, boards, and/or systems ensure proper form/fit/functionality of the product to meet product requirements.
- Experience in successfully leading projects across multiple time zones.
- Minimum of 7 years experience as an Engineering program manager or Engineering manager in a hardware-specific role driving products to mass production.
- Solid technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical hardware/software related issues and ability to help engineers resolve these issues.
- Experienced in project management. Familiar with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and able to apply them where best suited.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional emotional intelligence demonstrated through an ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships.
- Proven track record to think out of the box to resolve technical issues and resource conflicts.
- Proven ability to deliver complex products to customers on time.
- Strength working independently and actively with minimal mentorship.
The best candidates will share examples of:
- Grit & resilience.
- Work ethic.
- Teamwork & collaboration with peers/co-workers.
- A measurable history of performance.
- Self-awareness & coachability.
Owl Labs is over 70% remote and headquarters are based in Boston, MA. This role can be either an on-site or remote position. Please specify in your application.
Owl Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to our values of embracing inclusivity and creating a culture where everyone feels respected and connected, no matter the location of their work environment. We invite applications from people of all walks of life and are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.
Who We Are
Owl Labs is a collaborative tech company, creating an equalized meeting and learning experience for all, wherever participants may be. Powering hybrid teams and remote work is in our DNA. Owl Labs has been a leader when it comes to celebrating and connecting hybrid teams and classrooms -- meaning both in-office and remote workers, in-room students and at-home learning. Were best known for the Meeting Owl product line, a smart 360 camera, mic, speaker all-in-one solution. Sitting in the center of the table, the Meeting Owl uses vision and voice recognition to shift the camera to focus on whos speaking, giving all participants a feeling as if theyre in the same room. With the continued rise of hybrid teams and remote workers, our products allow for better collaboration and productivity no matter your location.
Our award-winning product, the Meeting Owl Pro, was named one of TIME magazines 100 Best Inventions of 2020 and has been recognized by CES Innovation Awards 2020, Red Dot Design Awards 2020, SXSW Innovation Awards 2020. Our team was recognized as an Inc. Best Workplaces 2020 and 2021 and named on the esteemed Inc.s Editors List.