Our mission is to improve the performance of athletes and teams, which we do by engineering the premier technology platform for sport. We've been at the forefront of sports technology and science since 2006 -- we don't just work in the sporting industry, we are actively changing its future. Our solutions are designed to help athletes and coaches play smart in a world where 1% can literally mean the difference between winning and losing.
We work with over 3,000 teams around the world, empowering coaches, managers and trainers in premier teams in the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, EPL, AFL, NRL, NCAA and more. We provide the information they need to optimise athletes health, game-day readiness, and performance, as well as in-game tactics. Our solutions include wearable technology, video analytics, and athlete monitoring solutions, and we are passionate about helping sports organizations at all levels to better scout, recruit, teach, and win.
WE WANT PEOPLE WHO ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT BUILDING STATE OF THE ART TECHNOLOGY
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager whose drive for learning and determination for continuous improvement aligns with our ambitious, fast-growing and transforming company. Based in Boston, you will be a key player in taking our wearable technology to the next level as we transform how sports teams make decisions using data. We believe that our customers deserve the very best platform and we are on a mission to maximise and enhance their performance through delivering a high quality experience. Our engineering teams match this ethos by taking responsibility for constantly improving productivity and development of self and being able to excel in a fast-paced environment.
WHAT YOULL DO
- Recruit, manage and grow a cross functional software and firmware engineering team with a passion for building truly great products
- Builds and supports great agile teams, ensuring excellence and efficiency in team staffing, process, and tools. Is located with (ideally) and constantly available to their teams
- Work closely with product and technical leaders to deliver great outcomes for our customers and internal stakeholders
- Providing technology input to product ideas, prioritizing and making resource delivery tradeoffs
- Ensure the backlog of planned work is in great shape, removing distractions and impediments to delivery
- Communicate with customers directly and triage issues
- Responsible for the design, implementation, and quality of the code, from architecture through end user experience
- Works with the team to make, track, report, and fulfill planning commitments
- Owns and manages cross-team technical dependencies, especially working with our teams in Australia
- Facilitate continuous learning for yourself and your team, and drive continuous improvement and technical excellence
WHAT YOULL NEED
- Formal qualifications in electronic or software engineering
- 8+ years industry experience in teams delivering highly technical products, preferably with a strong foundation in engineering principles and hands-on hardware or software development
- 5+ years experience in a leadership capacity of agile teams, using a variety of approaches
- Experience developing products, scaling them and supporting them throughout the entire lifecycle
- A passion for developing high-quality, innovative products
- A solid understanding of what high performance looks like, and how to drive it
- Excellent self-organisation and communication skills
- A strong work-ethic and willingness to promote accountability across the team
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the most ambitious and intelligent people in an exciting industry, and you will do some of the best work of your life.
- We encourage our people to have constructive, open and honest communication; to make Catapult extraordinary; innovate and create smart solutions; establish a collaborative, yet challenging, environment to develop our performance and the performance of our customers.
- Our workforce spans more than 20 countries, you'll get the opportunity to work across multiple nationalities and cultures, and build your global awareness and capability even beyond what it is today.
- We value improvement and development. We are challenging ourselves to continuously grow and become a high-performance company. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and our people are always looking for ways to do things better. There is unlimited opportunity to grow, do more, and do better.
Whether youre interested in sports or not, youll have the satisfaction of knowing your work is supporting some of the most successful teams and individual athletes on the planet! While we have access to many exciting opportunities, we also realise that we are here to do a very important job for our customers. As a result, we aim to work with purpose and intention. We look for people that fit into our team culture, those who actively contribute and individuals who are excited about what they do.
In order to build the future of sports performance, we need the brightest talent in order to do so. If you think you can contribute to the empowering, enjoyable and exciting Catapult environment, then we invite you to apply.
Research shows that while men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalised groups tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't meet every single point in our job ad, please still get in touch! We would love to have a chat and see if you could be a great addition to our team. We are building the future of sports performance, our priority is to find the brightest talent that can add to our team culture, those who actively contribute and who are excited about what they do.