Engineering Manager - Supplier Catalog
The Supplier Catalog Engineering team develops applications that make it easy for Wayfair's suppliers to add or update their product catalog, including content and media, as quickly, completely, and accurately as possible, so that they can start selling their products to consumers and begin making money with Wayfair.
What You'll Do
As an Engineering Manager, youll be responsible for leading all aspects of delivery for a software team. Given a defined problem scope and an organizational strategy, you and your team will be responsible for extending that strategy and proposing & implementing solutions. Responsibilities include:
- Understand customer (in our case, the supplier) and stakeholder needs
- Build a high performing software team
- Own the technical strategy for the team
- Define teams roadmap in conjunction with Product Management
- Propose and own initiatives to completion while balancing various technical trade offs including speed to delivery vs ongoing maintainability and others
- Continuously improve quality of delivery
- Guide the career development of junior and senior engineers
What You'll Need
- 9+ years of experience as a full stack, full lifecycle software engineer
- 2+ years of engineering management experience
- Passion for leading a large, cross-cutting technical initiative to delivery, cross-functional consensus building and influencing design decisions
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with engineers, product managers, and business stakeholders alike
- Mastery in driving implementation and providing visibility to progress through short feedback loops and data-driven action
- Successful background in designing production systems at scale including fault tolerance, reliability, performance, and security
- Proven success in developing the careers of junior engineers
- Proficiency with a multiple modern programming languages (Java & TypeScript experience preferred)
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.