Come join a winning team!
Take a walk around our offices and you’ll see a dedicated group of professionals who care about improving health care. Our team thrives on collaboration and sharing ideas, whether in a cross-functional meeting or at one of our office events.
While we're diverse in our backgrounds and skills, we have much in common. A passion for our mission. A strong sense of integrity. A belief that we're making a positive impact and a commitment to having fun.
We are seeking an Mobile Engineering Manager to join our team.
The Mobile Engineering Manager is a key part of the team developing our best-in-class OneSign and ConfirmID software. This position is responsible for leading a team of software engineers that develop our industry-leading mobile solutions in areas including clinician multifactor authentication and single-sign. The Engineering Manager is responsible for the day-to-day management of the software development team in a matrixed, agile model. Working with release management and Quality Assurance staff, the Engineering Manager is accountable for the delivery of releases within these product sub-areas. This includes activities like oversight of the schedule in an agile model, the management of risks and working with engineers and product management to come up with creative customer solutions. The Engineering Manager will also work closely with Software Architects in managing our technical platforms in areas their teams develop on.
Our teams build enterprise-grade mobile software using Apple and Google development platforms. They work on teams that develop using both on-premise and cloud-based backends.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver the scheduled releases, functionality and updates on expected schedule with scope as determined with Product and Release Management.
- Responsible for managing a team of 6-7 software engineers.
- Co-manage several (7-8) offshore software engineers with dotted-line responsibility who work in our partner development locations.
- Manage software engineer resource assignment and allocation.
- Organize and coordinate activities with technical leads to meet release goals.
- Manage and drive technical aspects of projects across delivery teams.
- Serve as liaison to third-party hardware and software vendors.
- Drive development best practices and identify areas for continuous improvement.
- Recruit and retain top talent.
- Coach and mentor engineers.
- Collaborate with Sustaining and Customer Support organizations, managing escalated issues within the team as well as engineering assignments.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or in a related discipline.
- 8+ years of commercial software engineering experience, designing and building enterprise applications
- 5-7+ years in a software engineering management capacity.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Mobile Development strongly desired (either on iOS or Android)
- Working knowledge of cloud-based application and service development on a major framework (AWS, Azure, or Google).
- Proven track record of executing the software development life cycle and successfully bringing products to market.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to interact well with both internal teams and external customers and partners.
- Experience with agile methodology.
At Imprivata, we have a top-notch work environment, developmental opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, and the desire to have fun. If you have the skills and qualifications as we have described above, we want to hear from you!
Imprivata provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The Company is requiring all of its new employees who regularly work at a Company office, attend Company-related events/meetings, or travel on behalf of Imprivata to be vaccinated against COVID-19. However when an employee cannot be vaccinated because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance, the Company will consider whether a reasonable accommodation is required by applicable law. If you believe that you cannot be vaccinated because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance, you may request an accommodation by contacting us. Otherwise, you will need to provide proof of your COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.