Cedar is improving the healthcare financial experience. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a constantly evolving environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
We're seeking an Engineering Manager to lead a team within the Integrations Pillar of Engineering. The Integrations Pillar owns the infrastructure around the data journey from the client to Cedars data store and is made up of teams building tooling that enables onboarding new clients as well as maintaining the ingestion pipelines for existing clients. Some examples of the projects these teams work on:
- Tackling on new electronic medical records systems to connect to
- Optimizing data ingestion journey to ensure stability and supportability
- Providing tooling necessary to onboard new clients for our internal implementation teams as well as external partners.
As part of a rapidly growing pillar within our engineering team, this Engineering Manager will be responsible for hiring and growing their team. They will identify and set clear goals for the team and guide them through execution, all while acting as a senior individual contributor to our codebase. Someone who is mission-driven and motivated to make a positive impact will succeed in this role!
* Cedar is committed to a flexible work environment, so this as well as many of our roles are remote friendly
- Manage a team of 4-6 individual contributors and expand it to 10+ members.
- Lead by example: be a meaningful, hands on contributor
- Conduct design and code reviews with the team
- Play a key role in architectural and implementation decisions and articulate the impact of those decisions to Cedars team members
- Collaborate closely with product, design, and data science teams to continuously innovate on Cedar's products
- Be a part of the way we make decisions as it relates to scaling Cedar and our products
- Effectively communicate across makers and non-makers teams
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of software engineering management or mentorship experience
- Experience hiring and building teams
- Experience building data pipelines
- Experience with AWS, relational databases, REST APIs, MVC Architecture, and OOP principles
- Strong project management skills
- Experience collaborating with product and design teams
- Python expertise is preferred
- Strong computer science fundamentals - a degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field or similar experience
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly, engaging with millions of patients per year and growing at a rate of 360% YoY as of January 2021
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for Engineering Manager who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa. Cedar is not an E-Verify employer and cannot employ individuals on a STEM OPT extension.