Seismic, ranked as one of the Best Places to Work by Inc. Magazine, is a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, and is consistently recognized as the category leader in sales enablement. Seismic unites marketing and sales teams in delivering the most compelling stories throughout a buyers journey. More than 600 customers, including American Express, Cisco and IBM rely on the worlds most powerful storytelling platform to connect the right buyer, with the right content, at the right time, every time.
The Compute team at Seismic leads the implementation, delivery, usage and adoption of the standardized global Kubernetes Infrastructure which runs the majority of Seismic workloads. Areas of responsibility include Kubernetes deployment tooling, monitoring, alerting, maintenance along with supporting teams in implementing cloud native best practices.
What you will be doing:
- Lead and manage the Compute engineering team
- Own project delivery, backlog management, sprint and quarterly planning activities
- Roll out consistent Kubernetes infrastructure across different cloud platforms: Azure,
GCP, IBM, & AWS
- Help define and deliver global CICD deployments using ArgoCD and Github Actions
- Create and support tooling to improve observability, adoption and help increase
developer effectiveness, across operating systems and cloud providers
- Provide Developers visibility into their cluster and cost usage (e.g. allocation vs
- Engage with stakeholders and peers across the organization to get results
- Build and promote a highly collaborative team and environment
- Coach, mentor and support team members
- Help establish and promote Open Source contributions, participate in Kubernetes related
Communities and industry events
- Foster a culture of professional growth and development.
What you'll bring to the team:
- Previous experience leading a software/DevOps engineering team and project delivery
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field OR equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in a DevOps or software engineering role
- Strong scripting and tool creation (Python)
- Solid understanding of the build continuous integration and delivery
- Strong networking and system fundamentals
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, IBM Cloud, etc.
- Previous experience as a software engineer a plus.
What we have for you:
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and paid sick leave
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Robust 401(k) fund options with company matching
- Catered meals, happy hours, healthy snacks, and coffee bar
- Seismic Cares volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 1,000 employees across the globe, Seismic is backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, Chairman of the Board of Directors for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.