About the Role
Validity is all about trust and reputation. We build products to help our customers build their reputation in the email industry and gain a higher trust in their data. We process data from 100+ million email messages every day and build useful products powered by all that data. If you love working with a team of dedicated professionals, coaching others, and are passionate about achieving meaningful business results, then you may be the right fit as a Software Engineering Manager at Validity.
As a Software Engineering Manager at Validity, you will be working alongside other dedicated and passionate managers, engineers, and product managers; all focused on accomplishing big goals like optimizing existing systems and designing and implementing new ones. Our teams drive business results by creating solutions that delight our customers. If you have the energy and motivation to be a catalyst for your team to reach their full potential, we want to talk to you!
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Everyone deserves a great manager. BE ONE! Grow and nurture the next leaders on your team. Define career ladders and pave pathways for success through ongoing mentoring and coaching.
- Bring a positive energy to the team and keep the day fun!
- Build amazing relationships with your key stakeholders. Understand the business priorities to help plan and execute roadmap goals.
- Align software engineering initiatives (efficiency, stability, security, etc.) with the needs of the business.
- Recruiting and hiring new engineers onto the team. Find the best talent and fit to compliment the strengths of the team.
- Remove blockers for the team and contribute to the decision-making process.
- Manage prioritization Negotiate conflicting requirements.
- Be creative! - Make recommendations to improve efficiencies through development and adoption of best practices and standardized procedures.
- Communicate cross-functionally with other teams and stakeholders across the company to execute strategic initiatives.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education
- 2+ years software engineering management experience
- Coaching and mentoring other engineers in their career development.
- Solid understanding and working experience with Agile methodology and ceremonies.
- Ability to coordinate across multiple scopes/functions, motivate a team, and collaborate with other engineering and non-engineering teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Critical thinking - The ability to find and synthesize information, apply logic to problems, and quickly analyze information to provide a recommendation.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational/prioritization skills and the ability to multitask with close attention to detail.
- A quick learner, with good technical and business acumen.
- Interest and ability to learn new languages and technologies as needed.
- Paid Holidays
- Unlimited PTO
- Parental Leave
Pay Range: $ 130,000 - $145,000 base, plus up to 10% bonus opportunity, and stock options.
Final salary may vary depending on skills, location, and/or experience.