Hello! Thank you for your interest in joining SoWork. We're a fast-growing startup founded at Harvard's Innovation Labs. Our big mission is to move the world of work from the Earth 🌎 to the Cloud ☁️**.** We're doing this by building the world's first MMOW ('massively multiplayer online workplace') where all the world's best teams work from, form communities, and socialize.
People spend the majority of their lives working - and there is no reason it shouldn't be delightful, functional, and all online. This would let people live their own lives on their own terms, wherever in the world they'd like. They'd be able to spend more time with loved ones, they'd be able to travel, and we as a group could then completely eliminate the need to commute into busy, expensive city centers. Once we start to make digital work wonderful and connected, we make remote work something that companies embrace and encourage. At scale - imagine what that does for our collective carbon footprint. We could really save the world here, people!
To do this, we've been hard at work building what will be a massive, open-world workplace, with private buildings and community, social spaces alike. Think 'World of Warcraft', but for work (World of Workcraft, anyone? ...No one? Ugh fine 😑). This is a place where business moves, community is made, and social events happen.
We'd love for you to join us! ⚔️
To deliver on our Mission of moving work from the Earth to the Cloud, we're gonna need plenty of smart, talented engineers to join up. We're looking for experienced Engineering leadership help manage this growing tech team. You'll need to work with Mark, our CTO, to lead the team of developers and engineers, collaborate with Product Leadership, and help to improve the Eng team policies and standards.
This is a key role for us, and one in which you'll really get to take a rocketship startup by the reins as we help to transform where work happens.
- Help unlock the engineering team through mentorship, management, code reviews, best practice development, and team bonding activities.
- Use your well honed empathy skills to drive engineering delight, which largely comes from reducing waste to 0, empowering coding super heros to use their super powers, & grow themselves in the process, technically and otherwise
- Use your leet prioritization skills to ensure that the Engineering team is working hand-in-hand with Product and Design to deliver what our customers rely on us for, in the right order.
- Be creative in solving technical problems, and comfortable breaking ground and creating new solutions.
- Be equally creative in listening to feedback from engineers, from Product management, and helping find ways to move us forward, together, in scalably effective ways.
- Commit to improving yourself every day.
Prior engineering leadership experience, ideally in a high growth startup or unicorn software company.
- Leadership experience is a plus, tbh, but substantive experience shipping code as part of a team, with eyes all over the SDLC is really critical.
- Strong organizational leadership skills demonstrated publicly in the past, or through referencing.
- Strong knowledge of technical design/architecture, data structures, and algorithms.
- Contemporary knowledge about industry trends, best practices, and change management.
- Simply put: the ability to change the world, on a MASSIVE scale.
- Intense Personal growth activities as part of your role. You'll level up as a human and leader every week.
- Work from anywhere!
- Highly competitive salary and equity.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Our rewarding 401k program.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Special rates for student loan refinancing. (coming soon)
- Special rates for mortgage financing for your home. (coming soon)
- A SoWork Teammate badge for your avatar.