Due to Covid19 we are working 100% remotely, this includes the hiring process. When it is safe to do so, we will return to a hybrid of onsite and remote work for some positions.
An engineering manager is an experienced software engineer who leads and manages a team focused on the success of a significant product in Arcadia. They lead a product-team and have a strong focus on technical aspects or the teams activities. They are responsible for leading their team towards a common technical vision while being accountable for the full technical delivery of the Product.
Why This Role Is Important To Arcadia
The Engineering Manager role at Arcadia has a significant role in the architectural development of our technical systems and the performance of the agile team working under them. They own the products technical direction and are inextricably involved with the development of the systems architecture. The right candidate has a strong understanding of the end to end software development lifecycle, building scalable healthcare systems and what makes a highly collaborative team.
What Success Looks Like
In 3 months
Network with the technical and business team members responsible for your products success
Understand the driving feature and tech investments required for your product to succeed
Assess the team for needs, skillset, and expertise to the current product goals
In 6 months
A strong understanding of the products domain
Understands the strategy behind operational and business success associated with the product
Develop the teams skill and process requirements for success
Capture roadmap needs for product improvement and non functional requirements
In 12 months
Have developed a well oiled team that collaborates and communicates effectively
Identify or have implemented plan for non-functional requirement needs of the product
What You'll Be Doing
- Maintaining a productive working environment for the development team
- Acquiring a proper budget for development to support approved business goals
- Recruiting and retaining the best team possible per budget
- Understanding the user adoption and satisfaction for your product
- Meeting with users to understand the strengths and weaknesses of the Product
- Co-developing features and data definitions required to support the Product
- Understanding industry trends and competitor products
- Must have a background in development. This includes writing code as well as ideation of concepts, requirements gathering, deployment and maintenance expertise. Knowledge of infrastructure design, tuning and provisioning is required.
- Must have a broader understanding of how software fits into an ecosystem of other software and/or shared services. This includes non functional requirements like performance, cost, interoperability, security deployment and maintainability within a production environment.
- Must have strong, proven leadership skills, even when they are not accountable directly for line management, they must understand what leadership means and lead to the best outcome within their team and/or across teams and departments. Skills such as coaching, influencing, and delegation are keys to success.
- Working with Technical Architects to understand portfolio outcomes and technology goals that inform their product roadmap
- Partnering directly with product managers to define feature epics and technology investment epics based on the product roadmap, and ensure they are sufficiently detailed according to the Definition of Ready to be deconstructed by the team
- Accountable for technical roadmap, design documentation / diagrams as well as the architecture decision record for the product, getting input and approval from technical architects as necessary and for changes based on epic deconstruction or tech investment plans
- Partnering with product on pre-grooming and participating in sprint grooming, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, and daily stand-ups
- Accountable for team decisions around Planned/KLO Ratio, expected velocity, product-specific release calendar, and versioning
- Hands-on delivery, code review, and testing at a capacity determined by your role
- Continuously improving the team's process
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of experience in leading or owning a software project and managing other developers
- Expertise in more than one software technology / language
- Experience in cloud-based IaaS
- Skilled in data presentation, communication, problem-solving and critical thinking
- Ability to build collaborative networks among peers and multi-department teams quickly
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Draws upon data and process to improve results in innovation-based culture
- Self-starter with expert time management skills
- Relies on data to support decisions
- Ability to learn new domains quickly
- Expert research skills
- Would Love For You TO Have
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial/intrapreneurial spirit in previous endeavors
- Project management of technical projects that focused on business outcomes
- Experience building healthcare application at an enterprise scale
What You'll Get
- The opportunity to be a part of a company that desires individuals with new ideas who can conduct a team for high performance delivery
- You seek a fun culture that encourages you to speak up and fosters creative thinking
- You enjoy working with customers and thrive as a team player
- You want to use your skills to make an impact in healthcare
- Awesome work environment
- Competitive compensation
- Great benefits like flextime time off
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages and more
- Be a part of a mission driven company that is transforming the healthcare industry by changing the way patients receive care
- A flexible, remote friendly company with personality and heart
- Employee driven programs and initiatives for personal and professional development
- Be a member of the Arcadian and Barkadian Community
Arcadia.io helps innovative healthcare systems and health plans around the country transform healthcare to reduce cost while improving patient health. We do this by aggregating massive amounts of clinical and claims data, applying algorithms to identify opportunities to provide better patient care, and making those opportunities actionable by physicians at the point of care in near-real time. We are passionate about helping our customers drive meaningful outcomes. We are growing fast and have emerged as the market leader in the highly competitive population health management software and value-based care services markets, and we have been recognized by industry analysts KLAS, IDC, Forrester and Chilmark for our leadership. For a better sense of our brand and products, please explore our website, our online resources, and our interactive Data Gallery.
This position is responsible for following all Security policies and procedures in order to protect all PHI under Arcadia's custodianship as well as Arcadia Intellectual Properties. For any security-specific roles, the responsibilities would be further defined by the hiring manager.