Tulip, the Frontline Operations Platform, is empowering the worlds leading companies to improve the productivity of their teams, the quality of their output, and the efficiency of their operations. With Tulips no-code platform, companies can empower those closest to operations to digitally transform their facilities and gain real-time visibility into the people, machines, and processes involved --all in a matter of days.
Companies of all sizes, across industries including consumer electronics, aerospace and defense, contract manufacturing, automotive, apparel, medical devices, and more, have implemented Tulips intuitive platform to solve some of the most pressing challenges in manufacturing: error-proofing processes with guided workflows, integrating machines and devices at the edge, and capturing and analyzing real-time operational data.
A spinoff out of MIT, the company is headquartered in Somerville, MA, with offices in Germany and Hungary. It has been recognized as an MES Challenger on the 2021 Gartner Magic Quadrant, Frost and Sullivan Entrepreneurial Company of the year, and a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer.
You possess high levels of technical talent, programming skills, people management skills and a keen desire to deeply understand our product. You have honed your technical skills through years of building and delivering web-based products, then figured out how to make the jump over to building teams. Youre passionate about mentoring engineers and helping them grow. You are a collaborative and motivated self-starter, ready to roll up your sleeves and dive right in and lead from the front.
You also love collaborating across the organization with hardware, product, design, and customer teams on key projects. Youll work with the other engineering leads to cultivate and grow our engineering culture. Youve:
- Built large web products in past roles (specifically user-facing products)
- Worked across the web stack, architected systems
- Helped mentor and grow people
- Built a cross-functional team that handled both technical improvements and customer-facing features
- Worked with Product and Design teams to help scope work
What skills do I need?
- 3+ years architecting and building SaaS or web products
- Ideally 2+ years leading a software engineering team
- Experience with agile and/or scrum methodologies
- We don't require experience with any specific technologies, but we currently use React, Redux, NodeJS, Golang, Elixir, Electron, MongoDB, Postgres
- Bias for action and impact
- Lead and mentor a team of software engineers in building products and delivering value to customers
- Build a diverse team while encouraging a collaborative and encouraging environment
- Create and manage a roadmap for product releases and updates
- Manage products through all stages of SDLC
- Manage a team through Agile processes and procedures
- Provide technical design insight as well as solution architecture planning
- Work with other engineering leadership to align on priorities
- Engineering leadership peers
- Product team
- Design team
- QA team
- Customer-facing teams
Working At Tulip
We are building a strong, diverse team that values hard work, families, and personal well-being.
Benefits of working with us include:
- Direct impact on product and culture
- Company equity
- Competitive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Life Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Parental Leave, and 401k
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation policy
- Virtual company events and happy hours
- Fitness subsidies
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Help us build an inclusive community that will transform manufacturing.