As an Employee Relations / Investigations Manager, you will be part of Chewys employee relations and risk management function for one of the fastest growing and most dynamic companies in e-commerce today. You will conduct investigations in response to a wide range of team member allegations. Based on your investigation findings, you will provide recommendations and critical insight to local HR teams regarding the consistent application of policies across Chewy. You will work in close partnership with the Legal team to escalate allegations and concerns that pose substantial risks to the company. By using your deep expertise in conducting employee relations investigations, you will be able to focus on a customer-first approach and thrive in a fast-paced business environment.
What You'll Do:
- Investigate complex team member allegations and concerns that could implicate significant legal, regulatory, financial, or other risks including harassment, discrimination, retaliation, workplace violence, and other violations of rules, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Provide recommendations for the appropriate course of action based on the outcome of investigations
- Use excellent interviewing, interpersonal, and documentation techniques and utilize the designated online case management tool for reporting, documenting, and tracking investigations
- Partner with Legal team for issue escalation and training HR team members in conducting thorough investigations and compliance with company policies and procedures
- Engage and participate in projects and initiatives related to employee relations investigations
- Provide critical input to the formation, consistent application, and revision of policies across the company based upon your investigation findings and recommendations
- Review investigation cases and issue trend data and provide actionable feedback to legal, HRBP teams, and senior leaders to reduce overall risk in the organization
- Continue to evolve and improve the framework (process, tools, guides, etc.) for managing internal allegations and claims, conducting and appropriately reporting and documenting employee relations investigations.
What You'll Need:
- Degree in Human Resources, Employee Relations, or JD
- 5+ years of progressive employee relations experience, including extensive experience in conducting workplace investigations
- Extensive knowledge of federal and state employment law and standard methodologies in conducting workplace investigations
- Experience working with HR information systems and investigation case management software
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, especially as they pertain to conducting workplace investigations
- Experience conducting employee relations investigations and compliance training with company policies and procedures
- Strong creative problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and intuitive sense of business acumen
- Ability to execute tasks with attention to detail, reliability, and efficiency
- Ability to interface and partner with HR and non-HR stakeholders to achieve results
- This position may require travel
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected].