Senses mission is to reduce global carbon emissions by making homes smart and efficient. We make it easier for people to take care of their homes and to actively participate in a cleaner, more resilient future.
To accomplish this mission, we are building an AI and automation platform for home energy infrastructure. Come join our team and ship a great consumer product built on our unique machine learning technology. We have a wide range of interesting technical challenges, a deep stack that spans embedded, native mobile, web, and the cloud, and a team of highly curious, collaborative engineers who enjoy solving hard problems together. If the idea of having a significant positive impact on the product (and climate) sounds exciting to you, let's talk!
The ideal candidate will have direct experience with some of the following:
- Developing for GHz-class embedded ARM SoCs, particularly in C, Rust, and Python
- Experience deploying and monitoring a large fleet of IoT devices
- Experience implementing IoT RF protocols, including 802.11, BTLE, or 802.15.4
- Real-time low-latency digital signal processing on high sample rates (audio or above)
- Linux kernel device driver development and board support
Onsite in our Cambridge, MA office is preferred, but we're open to discussion if you're well set up for remote embedded development. All of our EE is done in-house, so you'll be working closely with the hardware team to make our hardware sing. You will also be working directly with our product team to develop new user-facing features. To be successful in this role, you should love working from the very low-level all the way up to the user experience, and everything in between.