We're one of the fastest-growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we're making homeownership simpler, faster - and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it's like to buy and own a home in this country, we're building things that don't exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we're one of Crain's "Best Places to work"
- We're #11 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.'s 2019 "5000 Fastest-Growing Companies"
- We've secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We've recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Better.com's marketing team eagerly focuses on figuring out how to grow and convert our customer base as they go through the complicated, scary, and exciting journey to homeownership. Our Email Marketing Team Lead will manage the team that is responsible for executing communications across every business in the Better.com umbrella - Better Mortgage, Better Real Estate, Better Cover, and Better Settlement Services - as well for our strategic business partners. They will leverage email, SMS, content, and other tools to convert and nurture prospective borrowers throughout the end-to-end financing journey. Managing a team of three email operations managers and growing, the team lead will own the daily email operations of the email marketing org and oversee each team members' workstreams. They will make sure that campaigns are built, QA'd, and deployed on time, will maintain the source of truth map of customer communications, and will ensure rigorous testing, reporting, and analysis on all campaigns.
This person will work most closely with marketing strategists, but will also partner cross-functionally with colleagues on sales, product, capital markets, data, copy, and creative to ideate, launch, and measure email marketing campaigns designed to support high-level company OKRs. They will be intimately familiar with email best practices such as segmentation and personalization to run highly targeted campaigns. They have a strong passion for operations and have an interest in becoming the primary CRM subject matter expert, which includes developing a strong understanding of the datastreams piping data between our products and CRM. They will be accountable for email deliverability via regular monitoring and list cleaning, and will be the go-to contact for email troubleshooting. They will tirelessly leverage email as a testing ground to learn more about our customers, including what messaging resonates most, and who it resonates with.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of email marketing best practices, experience managing, will be self-motivated, and have a strong sense of personal accountability. We look forward to working with a talented email marketer who will hit the ground running in this collaborative, fast-paced, and high-impact role!
- You have at least 5-8 years of relevant marketing experience, including familiarity with CRM and hands on experience with marketing technologies.
- You have 3+ years experience overseeing and guiding teams.
- You have spent at least 2 years actively working in Customer.io, Sendgrid, Braze, Sailthru, or a similar platform.
- You have strong proficiency with HTML/CSS.
- You are an excellent communicator with strong verbal and written skills
- You are extremely organized and detail oriented.
- You have empathy for customers and your peers, and are excited to work collaboratively on behalf of our borrowers.
- You are a curious person who is excited to learn about a new industry.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don't get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won't work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don't understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can't wait to leave the conversation and build it.
More Jobs From