America’s Test Kitchen is looking for an Email Marketing Manager with 3+ years of hands-on experience in marketing automation. The Email Marketing Manager must have an advanced understanding and practical application of Salesforce Marketing Cloud (Exact Target) and a solid understanding of process management, marketing measurement, and data management disciplines.
The Email Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and executing targeted, segmented campaigns in our marketing automation platform (Salesforce Marketing Cloud / Exact Target) and manages the execution of email marketing programs strategy, aimed at selling website memberships, magazine subscriptions, and cookbooks. Email is a critical channel, responsible for significant revenue. Promotional emails represent over 60% of all emails sent and drive over 70% of direct book revenue.The ideal candidate will have a track record of supporting successful marketing automation programs, attention to details, ability to work collaboratively across teams and regions, and high technical aptitude.
Reporting to the Director of Email Strategy, candidate works closely with other members of the Digital Marketing team, including eCommerce, Design, and Production to strategize, plan, execute and analyze various email marketing initiatives.
ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS OF POSITION:
- Serve as a 'go-to' email expert and key player in the planning and execution of campaigns, landing pages, as well as lead generation and management.
- Drive and manage the email calendar for promotional sends, as well as testing schedule to achieve organizational objectives, including revenue goals by product line. Steps include:
- Coordinate schedule creation based off of budget
- Wireframe promos with design + copywriter
- Write creative briefs/come up with a testing plan
- Organize kickoff meetings to review testing plans and brief
- Read, provide feedback, and approve copy
- Review, provide feedback, and approve design
- Schedule sends with operations team
- Compile reporting/analyze data on email performance
- Present results on campaign performance to stakeholders on a monthly basis?
- Work in coordination with product managers to strategize on offers, timing, and segmentation.
- Where applicable, come up with a testing plan using Movable Ink + facilitate those assets
- Coordinate cross-channel quarterly book sales with Social and Digital Marketing teams
- Create marketing briefs for promotional email design, template, or messaging and oversee, in collaboration with the design team, the creative direction of new promotional emails and landing pages.
- Help conceive and implement tests aimed at improving email performance metrics (CTR, opens, etc.), sales and retention. Continually monitor internal testing results and industry best practices, and integrate learning to ensure optimal email results, and improve email deliverability, compliance around permission-based marketing, privacy, and spam regulation (CAN/?SPAM/?COPPA).?
- Support Director of Email Strategy in the creation and analysis of overall Email budget for promotions.
- Contribute to strategy on list segmentation for better targeting, and analyze performance of segments.
- Work with Sr. Email Operations Manager on identifying and implementing new initiatives to improve retention of the email file, including list subscription management policies and processes.
Actively participate in cross-functional project teams to support the implementation of new online, e-commerce, and social initiatives including:
- Design and Web Development
- Communication with Customer Service to apprise them of initiatives that have an impact on the call center
- Cross-functional use of social video assets to support email promotions
- Working with CRM Marketing Manager to maintain the ongoing engagement series, including monthly themes, soft promotion, and reporting
- Work with fulfillment vendor and Email Operations Associate to develop, test, and maintain landing pages that support the email promotions for magazines, websites and books
- Work with finance team on book inventory management and pricing/offers as it relates to email promotions
- Work with the Email Operations Associate on the development, updating, and distribution of weekly reports summarizing and interpreting data. Interface with key managers as needed to champion new ideas, report on program results, and make recommendations.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 3-5 years direct experience managing email marketing programs (preferably within a business-to-consumer marketing environment) and significant experience with Email Management Software and/or Email Service Providers a must. ExactTarget experience a plus.
- Highly motivated, hard-working, and able to effectively multi-task.
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong direct response marketing instincts, including ability to evaluate and communicate edits to copywriting and design to improve marketing effectiveness.
- Ability to provide clear observations, analysis, and conclusions to support changes in marketing practices.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects; work well under pressure and within budget.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, managing deadlines and obtaining necessary approvals.
- Strong attention to detail is essential.
- Experience using Web Analytics, such as Omniture or Google Analytics is a plus.
- Familiarity with Web APIs and/or SQL a plus
- Must have basic HTML skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS/BA (or equivalent).
- At least 3 years of email marketing experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated analytical/presentation skills.