Starry is a rapidly growing internet service provider and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity workplace. Just like the internet service we provide, we do not discriminate. We welcome people from all over the world to share their knowledge and perspectives. At Starry, you can discover the many careers and opportunities that are made possible when you connect people to the limitless possibilities of the internet.
Our mission focuses on two things. First, were making the experience of accessing the internet simple, transparent, and delightful. Second, were bringing that experience to underserved communities around the world. We approach our mission with a cutting-edge wireless technology, customer service designed to delight, and a culture of innovation and intellectual curiosity.
About the role:
This is a general EE position for printed-circuit board mixed-signal products. Starry designs and manufactures a number of full-custom PCBAs. Circuitry ranges from power supplies to microprocessors and FPGAs, network interfaces, ISM, millimeter-wave RF, and other things.
What you'll do:
- Design and maintain control CPLD / FPGA designs
- Design and maintain control plane circuitry and power supplies
- Strive to improve process and quality of the designs over time
- Work with other disciplines including MFG, RF and firmware engineering to help debug system-related issues
- Help maintain the engineering part database (Arena)
- 3-5 years experience
- Schematic Entry experience - Altium desired
- PCB Design (not hands-on layout necessarily, but circuit design)
- Laboratory instruments comfortable with oscilloscopes and DMMS
- Basic soldering skills (comfortable removing / replacing 0402 components)
- Some design experience with FPGAs and/or CPLDs
- Digital design experience
- Working knowledge of analog circuitry including power supplies
- 100% employer paid low deductible health plan, dental plan, vision plan, AD&D and life insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan and stock option grants in a privately-held company
- 12 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for new mothers and fathers after six months of continuous employment
- Professional development assistance after six months of employment
- Catered meals on a weekly basis for employees working in the office
- Casual dress, community clubs, annual fitness reimbursement, stocked kitchen and other perks and discounts
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.