WiTricity is seeking a talented Engineering Technician to work as part of the Product Development team in the Engineering organization. Based at our HQ in Watertown, MA, we are seeking candidates with the following experience:
- Mechanical assembly of power components, boards, enclosures, and cable assemblies
- Fabrication with machining of metal, plastic, and composite materials
- Inventory control; FIFO, LIFO, Kanban
- Solidworks, Altium PCB design or similar software and Product Data Manager (PDM) software to access work instructions, BOMs, designs.
- Automated test equipment and software. Working knowledge of LabVIEW a plus.
- Mass production manufacturing with hand tool and/or inventory control a plus
- QC activity (including incoming inspection) a plus
Primary responsibility will be support of the Engineering team in the development and testing of customer and partner deliverables; including but not limited to assembly of engineering prototype builds and low volume development kits as well as rework and repairs as needed to support the engineering team.
- Associates degree in electronic or mechanical technology with a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience
- Proficiency in surface mount technology and through-hole board PCB solder skills
- Ability to debug power electronics by reading circuit schematics or engineering documentation and use of various test equipment
- Ability to work on high voltage/high current circuitry and understand proper safety precautions when troubleshooting/connecting test equipment
- Ability to read mechanical drawings with basic GD&T understanding
- Solid understanding of power electronics to be able to troubleshoot power electronics circuitry
- Basic understanding of power and digital electronics to support team in test and evaluation of new system designs.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Energetic team player who is fully engaged with the success of the business and a willingness to do what is necessary to get the job done
WiTricity is the global industry leader in wireless charging, powering a sustainable future of mobility that is electric and autonomous. WiTricitys patented magnetic resonance technology is being incorporated into global automakers and Tier 1 suppliers EV roadmaps and is the foundation of major global standards developed to support wide-scale adoption. Advancements like dynamic charging of moving vehicles, and the charging of autonomous robots and vehicles without human intervention all depend on WiTricity technology. See how WiTricity enables a magically simple, efficient charging experience.